You take care of cable systems design and engineering. This includes the definition of technical solutions, in compliance with Customer requirements and with environment/ambient constraints and their optimization from both competitiveness and feasibility point of view. Activities involve the production of technical documentation for Customer and specifications for internal or sub-contractor’suse.
Aventa is actively looking to hire permanent staff Electrical system design engineer on behalf of his client.
As an Electrical System Design Engineer you will be focused on :
- Preparation of technical documentation for Customer and specifications for internal or sub-contractor’s use.
- Participation to meetings with Customers’representatives at all stages of the enquiry and contract to ensure compliance with Customers’ requirements, and Customer’s satisfaction
- Production of detailed costing of all materials and services and production of the technical content to be submitted to Customers.
- Support in the preparation of formal documentation and design information for the manufacture of cable, accessories, and for cable installation activities.
- Occasionally, work on details of specific aspects which are typically not completely defined at offer stage e.g. design of special parts, definition/coordination of qualification testing, design of prototypes, etc. This part includes the optimization of cable and system design, to reduce project costs.
- Participation to technical presentations to Customers, to technical conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Perform thermal/electrical/mechanical calculations for determining product and system technical proposals and ensure that all calculation and working procedures comply with the necessary technical andquality standards and procedures.
- Master Degree in Electrical Engineering (Thermal or Mechanical as second options)
- Full proficiency in both written and spoken English for both locations.
- Good proficiency in both written and spoken German for the two Germany locations
Minimum Experience and Skills:
- 3 to 7 years specific experience in electrical engineering (energy industry is a plus)
- Familiarity in reading and understanding customer specifications
- Ability to understand relevant national and international standards
- Basic knowledge of cable construction and main characteristics.
- Good knowledge of main engineering IT tools (i.e. Mathcad, Matlab, Simulink. Cymcap is a plus)
- Ability to combine technical knowledge with communications and liaisons skills, both internally and with Customers representatives (both technical and commercial)
Remote working may be possibile only at the beginning of the project; local presence is mandatory during execution/construction phase
- Start as soon as possible
- Location: Wurzburg or Bayreuth
- Country: Germany
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Junior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy