You take care of cable systems design and engineering for Offshore Wind project Worlwide
. This includes thedefinition of technical solutions, in compliance with Customer requirements andwith environment/ambient constraints and their optimization from both competitivenessand feasibility point of view. Activities involve the production of technicaldocumentation for Customer and specifications for internal or sub-contractor’suse.
Aventa is actively looking to hire permanent staff Electrical system design engineer on behalf of his client.
As an Electrical System Design Engineer you will be focused on :
· Preparation of technical documentation for Customerand specifications for internal or sub-contractor’s use.
· Participation to meetings with Customers’representatives at all stages of the enquiry and contract to ensure compliance with Customers’ requirements, and Customer’s satisfaction
· Production of detailed costing of all materials andservices and production of the technical content to be submitted to Customers.
· Support in the preparation of formal documentationand design information for the manufacture of cable, accessories, and for cableinstallation activities.
· Occasionally, work on details of specific aspectswhich are typically not completely defined at offer stage e.g. design ofspecial parts, definition/coordination of qualification testing, design ofprototypes, etc. This part includes the optimization of cable and systemdesign, to reduce project costs.
· Participation to technical presentations toCustomers, to technical conferences, seminars and workshops.
· Perform thermal/electrical/mechanical calculationsfor determining product and system technical proposals and ensure that allcalculation and working procedures comply with the necessary technical andquality standards and procedures.
· Master Degree in Electrical Engineering(Thermal or Mechanical as second options)
· Full proficiency in both written and spokenEnglish for both locations.
· Good proficiency in both written and spoken Germanfor the two Germany locations
Minimum Experience and Skills:
· 3 to 7 years specific experience in electricalengineering (energy industry is a plus)
· Familiarity in reading and understandingcustomer specifications
· Ability to understand relevant national andinternational standards
· Basic knowledge of cable construction and main characteristics.
· Good knowledge of main engineering IT tools(i.e. Mathcad, Matlab, Simulink. Cymcap is a plus)
· Ability to combine technical knowledge withcommunications and liaisons skills, both internally and with Customersrepresentatives (both technical and commercial)
· Full proficiency in both written and spoken English for both locations.
· Good proficiency in both written and spoken German for the two Germany locations
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: Long term
- Location: Milan
- Country: Italy
- Contract type: CDI
- Seniority level: Junior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy