Offshore wind farm
In the frame of our project developments in the Offshore Wind Market we are currently looking for a Geotechnical Senior Engineer.
Reporting to the Design and Analysis section of the Engineering Department, your main activities will be the followings :
- Be the focal point for geotechnical engineering on tenders and projects for the Oil&Gas and Renewable markets
- Evaluate the quality of available site investigations on tenders and projects, and be capable of specifying and supervising complementary site investigations when needed
- Perform the interpretation and the use of site investigation data in the detailed design of subsea structures
- Undertake the detailed design and installation analyses of different types of offshore foundations such as gravity base, suction piles, and piles
- Carry out soil / pipe interaction analyses, and support pipeline engineering for associated engineering such as installation analyses, stability analyses, buckling and walking assessment
- Participate in the development of mitigation solutions for pipelines against stability issues, walking and buckling phenomenon when identified,
- Understand the nature of the various geohazards affecting a site and evaluate their impact on the construction
- Take part of offshore assignments, such as the supervision of offshore site investigations, foundation installation, and pipeline burial works
- Participate to the development of Subsea 7 in the offshore renewables
- Contribute to Innovation and Technology Development related to soil / pipe and soil / structure interactions.
The candidate should have a strong academic background and a minimum of 5 years of experience acting as a geotechnical engineer in an engineering consultancy environment.
- Master degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering with specialisation in Geotechnical Engineering
- Relevant working experience
- Experience of the specification and supervision of offshore site investigations.
- Experience of the design of foundations types including driven piles, monopiles, spud-cans, suctions caissons and gravity bases.
- Experience of pipeline routing studies and near-mudline geotechnical characterisation studies would be beneficial.
- It is essential that candidates have experience with foundation design to API, DNV & ISO standards.
- It is essential that candidate have previous experience of geotechnical engineering and subsea trenching equipment and its performance.
- Experience with Visual Basic for Applications or Python programming is desirable, but not essential.
Personal skills :
- Strong analytical skills.
- Creative problem solving – able to suggest and develop new methods and ways of working.
- Understanding of clients’ needs and ability to suggest and apply fit for purpose solutions.
- Sound communication skills able to communicate ideas and results to various stakeholders (both in written reports and in meetings, presentations etc.)
- The ability to work in a team as well as individually with a minimum of supervision.
Location : based in Genova, remote possible
- Start as soon as possible
- Location: Genova or Remote work
- Country: Italy
- Contract type: CDI
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy