AVENTA is looking for an HSEQ site Superintendent for one of our client active in the bulk materials offshore transportation market who shall be located at Kamsar (Guinea) for 5-6 months and will be working remotely for the rest of the assignment.
he/she shall Ensure that ship’s operations are in compliance with company policy, flag administration, and international Statutory, Safety standards an Clients requirements.
SMS and HSEQ main responsibilities
- Inspections: Frequent inspections of the fleet, with the purpose to check and verify that all the Company standard operating procedures (SOPs) in terms of safety, quality and environmental protection are properly applied on-board.
- Safety ERPs: Ensure that selected Company HSEQ software duly and properly implemented / utilized on-board the OFTs.
- Onboard Trainings: Conduct regularly safety training on-board and in the site office to increase the safety awareness of the crew and Company personnel.
- Look into all the potential hazards to the health and safety of the assigned FLEET and its crew, prepare reports and discuss the same with the Company and with the Master of the OFT to conduct immediate corrective actions.
- Ensure that the crew maintains high standard of safety consciousness and knows all the important aspects of the ISM code related to safety.
- Ensures that the provisions of the code of safe working practices and safety instructions, rules and guidance for the OFT’s safety and health are complied with.
- Help Vessels Safety Committee to take substantial steps for enhancing the safety of the OFT, encouraging safety awareness of the crew.
- Provide information to the Master regarding deficiencies related to health, environment, safety, and security
- Investigations Reports: Conduct investigation into any major or minor accident and Near miss report the same to the Company.
- Recommend important aspects related to safety in maintenance and operation planning.
- Risk Assessments: Assist the crew to conduct risk assessment for routine or non-routine works and to properly document the same.
- HSEQ Statistics and documentation records: Maintain record of all the accidents, incidents and near misses at fleet level, including major or minor injury, and near-death experiences. Also, make this information available to the ship’s Master, safety representative, or any official of the company, and disseminate such information to the fleet to increase safety awareness.
- Responsible to organize Vetting inspections onboard assigned fleet
- Responsible to follow-up observations with proper close-outs by developing supporting evidences, elaborated answers to remarks
- Keep statistics and trends of Inspections to help Management in developing Leadership plans and mitigations that serve the SMS continuous improvement of the fleet
- COC Class 1 or HSEQ post graduate degrees
- 5 years as C/O onboard OGV
- 5 years of experience as Safety Superintendent in a shipping or O&G Company
- Relevant experience for Vetting entities
4-5 months in field/site at Kamsar (Guinea)
8-7 months remote work (preferably Italy)
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months
- Location: Guinea + Italy
- Country: Guinea, Italy
- Contract type: Contractor
- Seniority level: Superintendant
- Field of activity: Onshore Oil&gas