The service is part of the study of naval architecture projects for “ships” or “floating wind turbine” applications.
The service requested involves carrying out various types of calculation:
- Intact stability and damage
- Anchoring calculations
- Hydrodynamic calculations on several different conventional naval or floating wind projects.
3. WORK TO BE DONE
The studies consist of carrying out :
- Balancing load cases, intact stability and damage calculations on supply vessels or floating wind turbines.
- Hydrodynamic calculations. The studies include calculations of movements/accelerations on offshore barges/vessels.
- Anchoring calculations for floating wind turbines.
- All the documents required for the service will be available from SOFRESID. The deliverables will take the form of computational data, technical documents, code delivered on GitLab and operational on the Client’s computing infrastructure.
Mastery of all the skills/software listed below is not mandatory, but advanced skills in hydrodynamics/anchoring, particularly in the field of floating wind turbines, are sought above all.
- Language: Technical English
- Knowledge of BV/ABS naval regulations and DNV floating wind regulations
- Knowledge of naval architecture,
- Knowledge of ship stability,
- Knowledge of hydrodynamics, anchoring (design, extreme analysis, fatigue analysis),
- Knowledge of floating wind turbines (in particular specificities: loading cases, effects of WTG, etc.),
- Knowledge of naval software such as HYDROSTAR, MOSES, DIODORE, WADAM, DEEPLINES, ORCAFLEX, GENESEA, PYTHON, NAPA, SEASAFE or equivalent.
Location : Based in Paris, with remote work
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months (extendable) - Long term opportunity
- Location: Paris (Saint Quentin en Yvelines) + Remote
- Country: France
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Junior Engineer, Senior Engineer, Lead Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy