Project detailsYou will work on offshore wind project worldwide
Aventa is actively looking to hire permanent staff INSTALLATION PROPOSAL ENGINEER on behalf of his client.
At tender stage the main activities are the following:
• Knowledge of the cable market in terms of Customers, Competitors and Subcontractors
• Careful examination of the tender documentation, in particular the technical specifications
• Examination, when present, of the survey data provided by the Customer
• Elaboration of a technical solution in accordance with above requisites
• Internal discussions with Installation Engineering Manager and other Department, as
required, on the chosen solution
• Participation to clarifications meetings both internal and with Customer during tender
• Site visits, if necessary, to understand logistic aspects of the job, check feasibility of
solutions, contacting potential subcontractors, e.g. for civil works, etc.
• Preparation and issuing of technical specifications (RFQ) for the potential subcontractors
• Examination of the received proposals from potential subcontractors from different points
of view: technical, economical and for scheduling/timing of the work
• Discussions with Subcontractors with the aim of clarifying offers and aligning them to
• Fine-tuning of the final solution in agreement/cooperation with all the relevant Department
such as: System Design Engineering, Sales, Purchasing, Logistic, HSE, Quality, Project
• Elaboration of the Installation Costs
• Preparation of the Technical Description of the Work and the documentation requested by
the Customer with regard to Installation matters.
• Assembly and preparation of the Plan of Work with regard to the installation activities and
provision of the necessary input to planners for the assembly of the overall POW.
• Participation, when required, to negotiations and clarification meetings with the Customer
after the presentation of the proposal.
• Revisions, as necessary, of the tender package as a result of negotiations, change of
Customer requests, etc.
• Compliance with internal rules and procedures during the entire process
At contractual stage the main activities are the following:
• Participation to internal Kick Of Meeting(s)
• Transmittal, to the project team and Departments involved in the project execution phase,
of the relevant information, such as:
o Qualifications and assumptions
o Technical documentation
o Plan Of Work
o Other relevant information
• Participation to internal clarification meetings with the relevant departments
• Technical Assistance when required, but especially during the first period between the
Contract Signature and the execution phase, to the relevant Departments
• Participation, when required but especially during the first period between the Contract
Signature and the execution phase, to meetings with the Customer and/or
• In case of land installation activities: deeper involvement in the engineering aspects of the
project also during the detailed design phases after Contract Award.
• Experience in same or similar roles
• Experience in offshore cable installation
• Experience in Offshore O&G activities
• Fluent in English, written and spoken
• Good in German, written and spoken (for position based in Germany)
• Availability to short but possibly frequent trips, domestic and abroad
• Good relationship approach
• Team working capability
• Problem solving and target oriented
• Pragmatism. Capability to set and to handle pragmatically the priorities.
• Capacity to understand and conceptualizes complexity into concise frameworks
• Flexibility and capability to manage changes during the work
• Wish to quickly learn and get involved.
• Knowledge and familiarity with of all basic and common software like Microsoft Project,
Word, Excel, AutoCAD, and in the use of the Web.
Resident in Milan
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: long term
- Location: Milan
- Country: Italy
- Seniority level: Junior Engineer, Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy