Aventa’s Engineering teams is actively working in the Marine Renewable Energy sector, providing Engineering and Consultancy services on major international projects and subsea solutions, from concept design to project execution. Our Clients are key players from the European and Worldwide Energy sector: wind farm developers, floating installation companies, subsea cable suppliers, transmission system operators, etc.
We are actively looking for new talents at different level, from junior to senior, to join our fast growing engineering team in Genoa (Italy).
Aventa is currently looking to hire a Junior Geotechnical Engineer to join their Engineering Team in Genoa (Italy). The successful candidate will work on multiple projects in the Offshore Energy Sector. It is not requested any previous experience in the sector as internal training will be provided.
The Junior Geotechnical Engineer will execute engineering activity under the supervision and guidance of our senior personnel. Typical scope of work might include:
• Cable burial & protection design (e.g. Cable Burial Risk Assessment, Burial Assessment Survey, rock berm design, cable crossing design, etc.);
• Pipeline/Cable Seabed Stability (e.g. Cable/Pipe Soil Interaction, on bottom stability, etc.);
• Foundation Design (e.g. Scour Protection Design, driven pile design, suction pile design, etc.);
• Geotechnical site characterization (e.g. interpretation of geotechnical data including in-situ and laboratory test results, definition of laboratory test program, integration with geophysical data, chart development);
• Engineering assessment related to geohazard (e.g. evaluation of liquefaction potential);
• Review and analysis of engineering documents; verification of compliance with project requirements and applicable codes and standards; design appraisal and certification;
• Carrying out design and engineering consulting activities at different level (feasibility studies, concept selection, basic design, detail design, FEED, cost estimation) relevant to offshore projects;
• Write and check calculation notes, analysis reports, specification of material;
• Prepare project deliverables within deadlines;
• Ability to discuss results and ideas with client.
• Master Degree in relevant studies (e.g. Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering);
• Experience with programming languages (e.g. Python, Matlab, VBA) and in the use of the main geotechnical software (e.g. Plaxis, OPile, GRLWEAP, etc.) is a plus;
• Experience and ability in numerical analyses would be an advantage;
• Good communication skills. Fluency in English (written and spoken);
• A good team player. Self-motivated with a drive for results, improvement and innovation;
• Problem solving attitude.
Fluency in English (written and spoken);
Office in Genova (smart working)
- Start as soon as possible
- Location: Genova
- Country: Italy
- Seniority level: Junior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy