You would have to get a support to our engineeringentity based in Biarritz on Offshore Wind project(dynamic cable).
Job can be done from our Engineering Office inBiarritz or from our Office in Paris.
Aventa is currently looking to hire a Analysis engineer (umbilical experience would be a plus) for his KRAKEN SUBSEA SOLUTIONS engineering entity in Biarritz.
Under the guidance of a technical lead, you will be performing the global and installation analysis for dynamic/static cables. Typical analyses are (but not limited to):
- In place analyses of dynamic cable/umbilical system:
- Configuration definition (Including extreme, fatigue and interference analysis)
- On bottom stability and on bottom roughness analyses for static cables
- Installation analyses of umbilical and dynamic power cable
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to elaboration of Design brief and design basis documents for installation/in place analyses,
- Use of existing tools and develop new ones (excel spread sheet & python tools),
- Perform the in-place design analysis with Orcaflex, as per design brief and basis,
- Perform Quality Checks of other analyses,
- Interface with internal technical disciplines and partners of the project,
- Elaborate lay tables to be used offshore, identify laying parameters and sea states limitations
- Production design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed in place design reports, specifications, material take-offs, etc.
- Ensure design in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API, DNV,ISO); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work.
- be aware of the Overall project planning and responsible of the planning of his / her Scope of Work.
- Provide engineering assistance during mobilizations and occasional periods of offshore or site working,
Capability profile –Knowledge, skill, experience:
- MSc or Phd in mechanical engineering/hydrodynamics,
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent, onto global/Installation analyses and/or in place design of cable/riser/flexible.
- You are proficient in FEA modeling and you have strong knowledge of Orcaflex or Deeplines software’s.
- Your English is fluent
- Strong knowledge of related DNVGL standards
- Ability of taking initiatives is strongly valued
- Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to do, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplined system engineering team
- Ability to prioritize own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of program or budget.
- Personal interest for analyses tools and development (Python, VBA, …)
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Ability in working in multicultural group
Based in Biarritz
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: Permanent Contract
- Location: Biarritz
- Country: France
- Seniority level: Junior Engineer
- Field of activity: Power Generation