The Lead Planning Engineer plays a critical role in managing the planning and scheduling activities for a floating offshore oil project within an EPCI (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Installation) company, such as Saipem or Subsea7. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining project schedules, ensuring adherence to timelines, and supporting effective project execution.
Planning and Scheduling:
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project schedules, incorporating all key activities, milestones, and dependencies.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to define project objectives, deliverables, and timelines.
- Monitor and update the project schedule regularly, considering any changes in scope, resources, or constraints.
- Identify critical paths, potential delays, and schedule risks, and propose mitigation strategies.
- Coordinate with project teams to identify resource requirements for each project phase.
- Ensure that resources, including personnel, equipment, and materials, are effectively allocated and utilized.
- Work closely with procurement and logistics teams to support timely availability of required resources.
Progress Tracking and Reporting:
- Establish mechanisms for tracking project progress, including actual vs. planned timelines and milestones.
- Collect and analyze project data to evaluate performance against established schedules.
- Prepare regular progress reports and dashboards for project management and stakeholders.
- Assess the impact of scope changes, delays, or other disruptions on the project schedule.
- Collaborate with project teams to identify feasible alternatives and develop revised schedules when necessary.
- Communicate schedule changes to stakeholders, ensuring a clear understanding of the implications and any required adjustments.
Lessons Learned and Continuous Improvement:
- Conduct post-project reviews to capture lessons learned and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Participate in knowledge-sharing initiatives to enhance planning and scheduling practices within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field.
- Extensive experience in planning and scheduling for offshore oil projects, preferably with floating structures (FPSOs, FSOs, etc.).
- Proficiency in using project management software and scheduling tools (e.g., Primavera P6, Microsoft Project).
- Solid understanding of project management principles and methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in managing project schedules.
Location : Based in Paris area (remote work feasible at 75%)
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months (extendable) - Long term opportunity
- Location: Paris Area
- Country: France
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Lead Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore / subsea oil &gas