The contracts have been assigned by the ENI Cote d’Ivoire-Petroci consortium for the Baleine Phase 1 Project, for the development of the relative oil and gas field offshore Ivory Coast located at a 1,200m water depth.
The Baleine Prospect represents the largest commercial discovery in the country in the last 20 years and it will contribute to energy production in Ivory Coast, strengthening the country’s role as a regional energy hub. Saipem contributed to the discovery of the field thanks to the drilling activities of the Saipem 10000 and Saipem 12000 vessels.
The first contract entails Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) activities of Subsea Umbilicals, Risers and Flowlines (SURF) and of an onshore gas pipeline for the connection to the distribution grid.
The offshore laying of flexible lines, risers and umbilicals will be executed by Saipem’s flagship vessel FDS2 and the development of the project will be on a fast-track basis. The start of operations is planned for the fourth quarter of 2022.
The second contract – also developed with a fast-track schedule – encompasses Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning activities regarding the refurbishment of the Firenze FPSO vessel, plus 10 years of Operations and Maintenance services of the vessel.
Reporting to Technical Manager and interfacing with internal and external clients, to be responsible for engineering activities
coordination of the subsea technology disciplines (i.e. corrosion & material selection, metallic materials, cathodic protection,
coatings and non-metallic materials) on Bids / FEEDs & Projects (as needed):
• Plan and coordinate the overall activity of the engineers assigned on the various technology disciplines,
• Collaborate closely and interface effectively with other departments/entities within and outside engineering
• To propose relevant and competitive technological solutions with the support of the technological disciplines, in compliance with the defined QA/QC and HSE requirements
• Ensure the adequacy of these solutions in relation to the needs of internal or external customers,
• Ensure that the engineering activities of the technological disciplines are carried out within the budgets and deadlines set,
• Monitor engineering hours spent and enable the identification of unscheduled activities that may result in internal or external Variation Orders,
• Participate actively in the preparation of REX and Lessons Learned
- Previous experience in coordination of technological disciplines (corrosion & material selection, metallic materials, cathodic protection, coatings and non-metallic materials) in offshore / subsea engineering
- Proficient in one of the technological discplines (preferably in metallic materials and corrosion engineering)
- Good knowledge of subsea fields architecture and corresponding pipelaying methods (J-Lay & Reeling)
- Good organization and communciation abilities need for the position
- English (fluent)
Location : Saipem SA + MISSIONS (BOSIET + MFC needed)
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 MOIS
- Location: Ile de France + Site
- Country: France
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy