- The Mechanical Engineering Manager (MEM) is responsible for leading the LNG project mechanical engineering team. The position is required to manage mechanical detailed engineering execution centres and technical development of the Project.
- The MEM will manage an organization made of Company and EPC Contractor personnel.
- The MEM will report to the Onshore Engineering Manager.
- Manage the Mechanical discipline organization (on Company’s and Contractor’s sides).
- Assure the Mechanical discipline issuance, review, and approval of around 14,000 technical documents.
- Manage the Mechanical discipline development of engineering specifications and provide quality assurance in the procurement of materials, equipment and services to ensure conformity with sound engineering practice and cost effectiveness. Direct management of relevant PO’s. Support to other discipline leaders on the other PO’s as necessary.
- Ensure all Project HSE requirements are adhered to and implemented. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all Mechanical design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
- Complete execution of process design aspects in accordance with project’s standards and guidelines, procedures, Quality Program, project plans and contractual obligations.
- Review and verify EPC Contractor’s remaining detailed engineering deliverables, including Mechanical Datasheets, Design Criteria, Calculation Reports, Fabrication drawings, etc. for :
– Pressure Vessels & Combustion (Flares, Thermal Oxidizers, WHRU, etc.);
– Piping systems, valves and piping equipment;
– Storage Tanks;
– Package equipment;
– Piping & valve equipment;
- Interface with Contractor Mechanical Engineering site leads to ensure coordination of efforts and that all necessary issues are addressed.
- Identify opportunities and risks (and their mitigations) for Mechanical design related operating issues. Work with Process Safety to ensure all appropriate safeguards and mitigations are in place to provide a safe working environment for Operations.
- Oversight and coordination of Contractor planning and execution activities, with focus on Mechanical engineering activities, but familiarity with multidisciplinary engineering execution, and procurement.
- Work with Project Services, Engineering disciplines, and Procurement teams to identify Mechanical design needs to support the project schedule.
- Conduct Mechanical Discipline detailed evaluation and technical audit of various critical plant areas.
- Assist the EM in ensuring the Mechanical Discipline technical portions of the EPC contract is adhered to during execution.
- During site activities, avoid Contractor stand-by / delay by answering quickly to site queries and unexpected technical site problems, oversee rectification of punch list items, and completion of on-site tests, and oversee erection of all discipline-related equipment.
- Ensure implementation of proper design for Mechanical equipment (Packages, Static, Heat, Transfer), Materials, Piping, and Pipeline.
- Lead the Mechanical Engineering team in the overall Engineering organization.
- Lead the Mechanical team during field activities.
- Degree in appropriate Engineering discipline.
- Registration as a Charted Engineer, PE or equivalent preferred
- Proficient in English language.
- Fifteen (15) or more years’ experience in Oil and Gas and large projects.
- Sound understanding of applicable regulatory requirements in international settings.
- Supervisory experience related to plant and project engineering with increasing size and responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge of standard engineering methods, technologies and computerized design techniques.
• Based in Milan during Engineering phase, with added responsibility for UK Engineering centre.
• May relocate to Site during Construction activities at Engineering completion or provide remote support from home office.
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months (renewable)
- Location: Milan
- Country: Italy
- Contract type: Contractor
- Seniority level: Project Manager, Technical Manager
- Field of activity: Onshore Oil&gas