We are seeking a qualified and experienced Buyer to join our dynamic team as we undertake various offshore projects. As a Buyer, you will be responsible for procuring complex onshore/FPSO/subsea equipment, negotiating commercial and legal terms, and ensuring the efficient and timely acquisition of goods and services required for successful project execution. The ideal candidate should possess a strong understanding of the purchasing process, excellent negotiation skills, and familiarity with the Oil & Gas market. A background in engineering or relevant technical knowledge is highly desirable.
- Purchasing Process: Conduct end-to-end procurement activities, including sourcing, tendering, evaluating proposals, negotiating contracts, and placing purchase orders for onshore/FPSO/subsea equipment and services in compliance with company policies and industry regulations.
- Commercial and Legal Negotiations: Collaborate with vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors to negotiate favorable commercial and legal terms, ensuring best value for the company while mitigating contractual risks.
- Supplier Management: Develop and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, monitoring their performance, conducting supplier evaluations, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Cost Management: Work closely with project managers and the engineering team to understand project requirements and budget constraints, optimizing costs while meeting technical specifications.
- Material and Equipment Selection: Collaborate with engineering and technical teams to identify and select the most suitable equipment and materials for the projects, considering quality, specifications, and delivery timelines.
- Contract Administration: Ensure adherence to contract terms, resolve commercial and contractual disputes, and handle claims and variations in coordination with the legal and project management teams.
- Compliance: Stay up-to-date with relevant industry regulations, standards, and procurement best practices, ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Reporting: Generate and maintain accurate procurement records, prepare reports on procurement activities, budget utilization, and supplier performance for project stakeholders.
Risk Management: Identify potential risks related to procurement activities and implement mitigation strategies to minimize project disruptions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field, and/or a strong background in the Oil & Gas market.
- Proven experience as a Buyer or in a similar procurement role within the EPCI (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation) sector.
- In-depth knowledge of the purchasing process, supply chain management, and vendor evaluation.
- Proficiency in negotiating commercial and legal terms, demonstrating strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with complex onshore/FPSO/subsea equipment and the technical aspects of Oil & Gas projects.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make informed decisions under pressure.
- Proficiency in using procurement software and tools for efficient procurement operations.
- Attention to detail, well-organized, and capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- If you meet these qualifications and are enthusiastic about contributing to challenging offshore projects with a leading EPCI contractor, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Location : based in Paris area
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months (extendable) - Long term opportunity
- Location: Paris area
- Country: France
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Junior Engineer, Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore / subsea oil &gas