Provence Grand Large is a pilot project for a new generation offshore wind farm. The project consists of three high capacity wind turbines, installed on an innovative system of floats with tensioned anchor lines.
Provence Grand Large project team is looking for an Offshore Senior Cable Installation Engineer to strengthen its team.
Within the PGL project team, you will support the Electrical package activities and prepare the offshore installation campaigns across the different phases of the project; from detailed engineering to execution at site.
The tasks consist in:
- Review of the offshore installation engineering performed by the cable contractors. Ensure that the installation procedures are well prepared according to industry standards and secure the constructability.
- Review of the offshore and overseas transportation plans and calculation notes.
- Review of the cable laying scope procedures including shore pull through horizontal drilling path, laying in conventional water depth (<100m) and very shallow water depth, burial, dynamic riser deployment and pull-in through guide tubes, subsea equipment preparation and installation (buoyancy modules), layout analysis (overlength management, contingency solutions) etc.
- Review the engineering of particular equipment (permanent, installation aids), attend trial fits etc.
- Follow-up of interfaces between contractors on installation subjects, propose solutions.
- Prepare the offshore campaign execution (supervision, permitting, coordination with stakeholders, Marine Spreads audits, Employer logistic support during the installation phase)
- Be on site to follow as Employer Site Representative the contractor installation phases either at the marshalling harbor or offshore.
- Offshore engineering and Construction / Installation.
- Cable laying (incl Dynamic) and burial.
- Offshore construction management.
- Electrical Cable load out and laying (Transpooling, dynamic risers, shore pull, burial, product handling, mattresses, equipment installation)
- Subsea operations (ROV ops and tooling, flexible product)
- Offshore Transportation and Installation
Formation : Master degree
Expérience : > 10 years in offshore engineering and operations activities with scope related to offshore transportation and construction operations, cables or flexible pipes/umbilical laying. Management of operations at site mandatory (e.g. Field Engineer / Offshore Construction Manager type of position)
- Be an HSE leader
- Good knowledge of the methods and means utilised in offshore construction (product handling, offshore tools, marine spread)
- Capability to understand and analyse procedure critical points.
- Capability to anticipate/ identify operational risks
- Team and project management.
- Multi cultural environment
- Good understanding of contractual relationships
- Softwares : MS Office/Autocad
- Languages : Good technical English mandatory, French recommended.
Location : Paris & Marseille + smartworking
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months (extendable) - Long term opportunity
- Location: Paris area + Marseille + Smartworking
- Country: France
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer, Lead Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy