AVENTA engineering team is actively working in the marine renewable energy sector, providing Engineering & Consultancy services for international projects, from concept to execution. We have built a solid reputation over the years thanks to a long-term vision, focusing daily on technical excellence, our employees & contractors’ needs and on bringing innovative solutions to our customers. Our clients are key players in the sector: technology providers, offshore contractors, (floating) windfarm developers and utilities, grid operators.
Our engineering office in Nantes is actively looking for a specialist in GIS – Geographic Information System – applied to geophysical or geotechnical applications for offshore construction and submarine cable installation, to give us support for the engineering & construction of offshore wind farms worldwide.
Aventa is currently looking to hire an offshore GIS, geophysical or hydrographer engineer to join their engineering Team in Nantes (France). The successful candidate will work on multiple projects in the Offshore Energy Sector.
ResponsibilitiesUnder the guidance of a technical manager, you will be performing all GIS activities for offshore energy projects.As a specialist in your discipline, you will play an important role in:
• GIS data management : collecting, quality review, analyzing, and distributing meta data from/to relevant stakeholders;
• Performing 2D and 3D spatial analyses, for instance seabed survey data interpretation
• Performing or contributing to submarine cable route engineering, marine survey specification and review, cable burial risk assessment, geohazards, soil preparation or dredging works for offshore works
• Mapping, visualizing, and distributing data on different platforms – analogue and web
• Continuously working on digitizing and developing workflows internally and in collaboration with stakeholders
• Collaborating with other specialists and colleagues to develop wind farm projects – both internally and externally
• Ability to prepare deliverables and discuss results and ideas with client
• Relevant degree in marine geosciences or hydrography, or alternatively degree in geomatics / metadata GIS applied to geosciences;
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience;
• Experience knowledge of ESRI applications (ArcGis, QGIS, etc)
• Experience of acquisition and processing of geophysical data; Experience with marine projects and offshore survey is a plus;
• CAD drafting capability (Autocad) and knowledge of its mapping tools
• Experience in Global Mapper will be a plus;
• Good communication skills. Fluency in English (written and spoken);
• A good team player and self-motivated with drive for results and improvements
• Problem solving attitude
ConditionsAble to be in Nantes' office.
- Start as soon as possible
- Location: Nantes
- Country: France
- Contract type: Permanent
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer, Project Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy