Aventa’s Engineering teams is actively working in the Marine Renewable Energy sector, providing Engineering and Consultancy services on major international projects and subsea solutions, from concept design to project execution. Our Clients are key players from the European and Worldwide Energy sector: wind farm developers, floating installation companies, subsea cable suppliers, transmission system operators, etc.
Aventa is currently looking to hire an Offshore Installation Methods Engineer to join their Engineering Team in Genoa (Italy). The successful candidate will work on multiple projects in the Offshore Energy Sector and It is requested a minimum of 5 years of experience in relevant field.
The Methods Engineer will handle multiple projects simultaneously, performing tasks of engineers and providing guidance for the engineering team. The Methods Engineer will report directly to our Engineering Manager and support on both technical work execution and commercial aspects (preparation of commercial offers, contract negotiation, Client interface).
Typical scope of work might include:
• Monitoring the progress of all assigned projects. Ensuring the delivery of high quality service and maintenance of good customer relations.
• Monitoring the technical quality, content, consistency, continuity and timeliness of action of all assigned projects.
• Applying intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of technical responsibility. Performs engineering reviews and analyses when necessary. Reviews other engineers’ work and provides appropriate guidance and training when necessary.
• Preparing technical and commercial offers.
Engineering including preparation of method statements for the following activities :
• Cable burial risk assessment (CBRA)
• Route Engineering,
• Burial assessment study (BAS)
• Survey works,
• Cable installation works,
• Pre-sweeping / dredging works,
• Mattress installation works,
• Rock placement (rock dumping)
• Trenching works,
• Cable pull-in at landfall and at offshore substation
Skill & Experience:
• Master Degree in relevant studies (e.g. Naval architecture, Ocean and Marine Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics)
• 5 to 10 years of experience with design and engineering activities in the Offshore Energy Sector (Renewable or Oil&Gas);
• Experience with some of the following software (or similar) will be a plus: Deeplines, Orcaflex, Orcawave, WAMIT, AQWA, MOSES, Hydrostar, Ariane, Abaqus, Femap, GHS, U-Flex
• Experience with programming languages (e.g. Python, Matlab) is a plus
• Good communication skills. Fluency in English (written and spoken)
• A good team player. Self-motivated with a drive for results, improvement and innovation
• Problem solving attitude
Open to smart working with at least a presence of 1 week per month at the office based in Genova.
- Start as soon as possible
- Location: Genova
- Country: Italy
- Contract type: Permanent
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer, Project Manager
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy