You would give us engineering and installation support for our Offshore Wind development (dynamic cable).
Aventa is currently looking to hire a senior Analysis engineer for its engineering entity in the analysis team. Experience in cable and/or umbilical would be a plus.
The scope of activities of the analysis team is threefolds:
• Global analyses
• Local analyses (cross section)
• Offshore Installation analyses
you will have an opportunity to work on particularly complex design challenges for a wide range of MRE projects. This is a permanent contract positionMission/responsabilities:
• Contribute to the elaboration of Design brief and design basis documents.
• Perform numerical analysis using industry standard software (Orcaflex, Uflex). Typical analyses could be as follow:
o Cable configuration definition such as lazy waves, pliant waves, etc…
o Extreme, interference, fatigue analyses
o On-bottom stability, free span analyses
o Cross section mechanical properties determination through FEA
o Installation analyses (normal lay, pull-in, connector R&A)
• Interpretation of results and development of design solutions in accordance with applicable codes & standards.
• Production design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed in place design reports, specifications, material take-offs, etc.
• Development of internal tools.
• Liaise with method engineer to support the development of installation procedures, provide the lay tables.
• Ensure design in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API, DNV,ISO); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work. be aware of the Overall project planning and responsible of the planning of his / her Scope of Work.
• Interface with package to contribute to scope of work of various items
• Ensure the quality of all deliverables.
Capability profile –Knowledge, skill, experience:
- MSc or Phd in mechanical engineering/hydrodynamics,
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the oil and gas industry or equivalent, onto global/Installation analyses and/or in place design of cable/riser/flexible.
- You are proficient in FEA modeling and you have strong knowledge of Orcaflex or Deeplines software’s.
- Your English is fluent
- Strong knowledge of related DNVGL standards
- Ability of taking initiatives is strongly valued
- Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to do, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplined system engineering team
- Ability to prioritize own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of program or budget.
- Personal interest for analyses tools and development (Python, VBA, …)
- Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
- Ability in working in multicultural group
Based in Biarritz preferred (Nantes or Paris)
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: Permanent Contract
- Location: Biarritz , Nantes or Paris
- Country: France
- Contract type: Permanent
- Seniority level: Junior Engineer, Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Power Generation