The Project Control Manager is responsible for overseeing the project control aspects of offshore oil and gas projects within an EPCI (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Installation) company, such as Saipem or Subsea7. This key role involves managing all project control activities, from planning and cost tracking to schedule control and reporting.
Project Control Management:
- Develop and implement effective project control plans to ensure adherence to cost, schedule, and quality objectives.
- Supervise planning, budgeting, and cost tracking activities throughout the project lifecycle.
- Regularly monitor project progress, identify deviations from the initial plan, and propose appropriate corrective measures.
- Develop accurate budget forecasts and cost estimates for projects, considering required resources, technical constraints, and potential risks.
- Monitor and analyze project expenditures, identify variances and anomalies, and propose corrective actions to ensure adherence to budgetary goals.
- Develop detailed project schedules, considering activity dependencies and operational constraints.
- Monitor activity progress against the planned schedule, identify potential delays, and propose solutions to avoid or mitigate them.
- Identify and assess potential project risks, proposing appropriate mitigation measures.
- Establish risk management procedures to monitor and control risks throughout the project lifecycle.
Reporting and Communication:
- Prepare regular reports on project status, providing accurate and up-to-date information on costs, schedules, and performance.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring close collaboration with project teams, clients, and subcontractors.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as engineering, project management, or finance.
- Significant professional experience in project control, preferably in the offshore oil and gas sector or EPCI industry.
- In-depth knowledge of planning, budgeting, and cost tracking techniques.
- Advanced project management skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to make informed decisions and proactively solve problems.
Location : based in Paris (remote work possible at 75%)
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months (extendable) - Long term opportunity
- Location: Paris (Saint Quentin en Yvelines) + On site mission
- Country: France
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer, Lead Engineer, Project Manager
- Field of activity: Offshore / subsea oil &gas