On behalf of our client, Aventa is looking a Project Interface Engineer for an offshore material transportation project:
- Reports to the Contract Manager and is responsible for ensuring adequate control of all interfaces that exist for a given project’s (contract’s) scope of work. This also includes interface management between various subcontractors / suppliers / vendors and our internal units in the overall project development.
- Develops an interface management procedure that the project will follow and be responsible for setting the Interface Management System in accordance with contract and Company’s requirements.
- Interface requests will be raised by the project team members and forwarded to the Interface Engineer, who in turn, logs these issues and follows up towards our interfacing third party. It will be the Interface Engineer’s responsibility to ensure adequate and timely follow up of these in order to make sure to avoid any schedule delays or potential project budgetary over runs due to missing critical information.
- Can develop an overall overview of all “potential” interfaces based on technical information from SoW and drawings/sketches and descriptions, and can sit down with project team members and identify as many of the interfaces as possible as early as possible. It is hence of great importance that the Interface Engineer familiarizes with project scope of work.
Generic Roles and Responsibilities:
• Independently evaluate, organise and prioritise work.
• Familiarize with the contract, our contractual obligations and Company specific requirements and SoW.
• Ensure project fitness-for-purpose, legislative compliance and adherence to project budget and schedule.
• Recognise and accept HSE Roles & Responsibilities as defined by Company requirements.
• Learn and understand the use of relevant project specific interface management system.
• Manage interfaces within the project organisation towards client and defined suppliers.
• The Interface Engineer will present the system to the project team and give clear guidance on its operation, intent and importance.
• Overall understanding of the project schedule, project plan and the importance of timely delivery of project deliverables. This comprising required documents as well as “hardware”.
• Adhere to and comply with Company procedures and guidelines
Specific Roles & Responsibilities:
• The Interface Engineer is responsible to the Contract Manager for ensuring adequate control of all interfaces. Potential issues, with a cost/schedule impact, shall be highlighted to the Contract Manager immediately.
• The Interface Engineer will propose to the Company and set an Interface Management System in accordance with the Contract and Company’s requirements.
• The Interface Engineer shall have a proactive approach to making sure that “our way of Managing Interfaces” is well understood and pursued by the project team and give clear guidance on its operation and intent and not to forget it’s importance for a successful outcome of the project.
• The client may impose a third party Interface Management System and specify interfacing parties. In this case, the Interface Engineer must attend training courses/presentations etc. and be competent in the operation and maintenance of the client’s system. The Interface Engineer will roll out the system to the project team and give clear guidance on its operation and intent.
• The Interface Engineer shall have control and understanding of the contractual deliverables in the project including battery limits. The Interface Engineer should have control over all internal Company interfaces, interfaces towards Client, towards sub-contractors and ideally also have an overview of subcontractor’s important interfaces, since they also have subcontractors and vendors.
• The Interface Engineer will establish and produce a project specific “Interface Matrix” and “Interface Management Procedure” if applicable.
• The Interface Engineer is responsible for producing and distributing periodically reports, as stated in the contract.
• In situations where the Company is lead contractor our Interface Engineer will facilitate Interface Meetings on a regular basis and according to contract specifications as well as produce MoM for distribution internally to relevant interface parties as well as to our Client.
• The Interface Engineer will attend all relevant meetings.
- Higher technical education in combination with relevant practical work experience from infrastructures or oil & gas industry related to project execution and/or manufacturing/fabrication
- A general good technical understanding and interest for technical solutions and challenges.
- Good social skills
- Team player and solution oriented
- Well organized and systematic
- English fluent oral and written
Location : Genoa or Remote with 2/3 days per month in Genoa
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 6 months
- Location: Genoa or Remote
- Country: Italy
- Seniority level: Junior Engineer, Senior Engineer