OVERALL PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Our Client Prysmian Powerlink, is a global leader in providing state-of-the-art solutions for High Voltage Underground and Submarine cable links in some of the world’s most challenging environments, seeks a Junior Project Manager for our Business Unit Projects. For defined Project packages he/she has the responsibility to plan, prepare, execute, and finalize the project in accordance with the customers contractual terms and specification, within the agreed timescales and budget, this includes coordinating the project team as well as any third-party contractors or consultants. He/She is also responsible for creating clear project objectives, building the project requirements, and managing the constraints cost, time, scope, and quality. Projects will be located in North America and the office will be located in Boston, MA.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Is the focal point for all project activities and retains the final responsibility for the execution of the Project. He/She represents the Company towards the Client and resolves all issues related to the implementation of the Project activities.
• Directs and manages all aspects of multi-discipline projects from inception through completion.
• Defines and control base line scope, program and allowances in line with the change management procedures.
• Prepares the project execution plan in accordance with the Company Business operating procedures and specific client/contract requirements.
• Ensures the development and the revision of the Project Execution Plan, monitors the progress of the project phases, in accordance with the scheduled times and the cost and quality estimates and objectives.
• Defines the policies and processes for clear communications to all parties involved in the project.
• Manages the preparation and regular update of the project program against which project deliverables are monitored and controlled.
• Establishes a budget; monitors the costs against the budget, identifies and implements remedial actions in case of overrun; reports to the area corporate the results on regular base.
• Ensures the correct allocation of the resources necessary for carrying on and completing the project.
• Ensures that the level of performance is in accordance with the Contract specifications, that the costs fall within the estimate limits, and that the execution time of the project phases progress as set down in the contract.
• Initiates and reviews engineering design, procurement, manufacturing/ production operations and field activity to ensure compliance with project specifications.
• Manages all contract negotiations with the Client, including additional work and variations.
• Undertakes any necessary actions with the Client with regards to payments in the event of disputes or anomalous delays.
• Degree in Technical Engineering Subject
• Availability to travel
• Minimum 3 years of previous experience as Project Manager
• Passionate for Project Management
• Experience running projects in large organizations where time to market and cost are critical success factors
• Experience of working in an environment of change, involving new systems, new processes and culture change
• Proven track record of delivery and a track record of achieving results through people in a matrix delivery team
• Stakeholder management skills to Senior level
• Driven and focused, insists on high level of performance and does not become resigned to the inevitability of delays
• Effective leadership and communications skills, projecting competence and credibility
• Structured and methodical, detailed conscious planner
• Willingness to challenge the status quo and adopt innovative delivery mechanisms
• Preferably a member of the Association for Project Management, Prince 2 Practitioner, PMI equivalent or PPM accredited
Role based in Boston, MA
Permit to live and work in the USA mandatory
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: long term assignment
- Location: Boston, MA - USA
- Country: United States of America
- Seniority level: Project Manager