- Senior Engineer, Geotechnical (Site Characterisation Coordinator)
Role and Main Responsibilities
A Senior Geotechnical Engineer is required to be involved on an ‘on call’ basis on projects supporting the Project Discipline Lead Engineer.
Projects will vary from Feasibility phase through Basic Design and FEED. Projects can be relevant to onshore/offshore oil/gas production facilities, with special focus on CCS and renewables production facilities.
The main responsibilities are:
- Produce documents for site investigation planning, both onshore and offshore, for geophysical and geotechnical operations, covering pipeline integrity surveys; offshore jackets; marine and tidal sediment mobility surveys; UXO surveys; anchoring requirements.
- Implementing Contaminated Land assessments, including the planning; supervision and then reporting.
- Interface with senior civil engineers and senior civil designers within other Company hubs in order to achieve and guarantee common design approaches, standards and procedures.
- Assist the responsible engineers with the preparation of MTOs for new pipelines; advising on potential hazards along routes; assessments in difficult ground conditions.
- Assist in the development of Company procedures, work instructions and standards for drafting and modelling.
- Operate as Client representative, both onshore and offshore.
Candidate must have a masters in geotechnical engineering / engineering geology / soil mechanics.
Candidate must have UK experience and knowledge of Site Investigation to BS5930 and Eurocode 7; must have UK contaminated land experience and remediation strategies; experience of crossing infrastructure such as railways; motorways; rivers etc., including trenchless solutions e.g. HDD, microtunnelling.
Candidate must have BOSIET certification and offshore experience, covering geophysical and geotechnical operations including ROV operations.
Candidate will ideally be chartered either ICE or chartered geologist.
Candidate will ideally have DCO planning experience or major infrastructure experience.
Ideally have worked on projects from Feasibility phase through Basic Design and FEED to Detailed Design and Construction.
ARCGis knowledge would be beneficial.
12 months - On Call services (likely to average around 20 hours/week).
Office based in Basingstoke (UK). Depending on candidate experience, hybrid working can be considered, with up to 60% of time worked remotely.
Please note - For this position a high degree of flexibility is required due to the ‘on call’ nature of the services in order to ensure high availability consistent with company requirements.
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months - renewable
- Location: Basingstoke
- Country: United Kingdom
- Contract type: Contractor
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Onshore Oil&gas