You will have to work on different offshore wind farm projects worldwide (fixed and floating wind farm)
Working as part of the Aventa team on engineering and consultancy assignments for a range of offshore renewables and oil and gas projects. The candidate must have a proven track record of technical work, and well-founded experience in advanced geotechnical analysis as well as the delivery of geotechnical solutions. Experience relating to the oil and gas and offshore renewable energy sectors being preferable.
Typical scope of work might include:
- Site investigation scoping and supervision
- Interpretive reporting and geotechnical parameter selection, involvement in production of geotechnical ground model
- Involvement in cable risk analysis, from routing to cable burial risk assessment (CBRA)
- Subsea cable / pipeline on-bottom stability study
- involvement in conceptual foundation design, and/or detailed foundation design, and/or detailed analyses
- Master degree in Civil Engineering or other relevant degree
- 5 to 10 years of experience in the relevant field;
- Fluent in English;
- Strong communication skills;
- An excellent understanding of soil mechanics.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills required for our fast-paced environment.
- An innovative and creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills and an ability to summarise complex information to nontechnical project stakeholders.
- Ability to take ownership and engagement in the work;
- Working knowledge of engineering principles and practices and the ability to select and apply standard guides, methods, and techniques
- Programming knowledge and experiences (e.g. C++, Fortran, Python, Visual Basic, or MATLAB) is a plus
- Experience in the following software list is desirable only: GIS, gINT, SlopeW, GRL WEAP, Opile, Allpile or Lpile, Oasys Alp and Finite Element Analysis
Resident in Milan or Genoa (Italy)
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: Long term
- Location: Milano or Genova
- Country: Italy
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy