Within the Materials, Welding and Coatings department, you will be responsible for providing support to projects and other departments for all questions pertaining to metallic materials (carbon steel, stainless steels, nickel base alloys) and corrosion (materials selection, CO2 corrosion, H2S corrosion, SCC).
This role provides exciting opportunities to be involved throughout all stages of projects with activities related to Flexibles, rigid flowlines, PIP, Subsea structures, offshore/onshore fabrication and installation.
Your key responsibilities will be:
• Produce the material specifications for pipes, forgings, and bends.
• Reviews and clarifies offers received from pipes, bends, and forgings suppliers.
• Responsible of the materials selection according to the corrosive environment and the project constraints.
• Perform CO2 corrosion calculation.
• Participate to meeting with Clients, Vendors and Suppliers, and interface with Client representatives as required for resolving any technical issues.
• Support quality and SCM departments for supplier’s qualification.
• Participate to the R & D activities on materials and corrosion.
• Ensures effective communication is maintained with clients and other departments.
• 10 + years’ Experience in Oil and Gas.
• Bachelor’s degree in Materials science or other degree in Engineering with focus on materials and corrosion.
• Good understanding of metallurgical and mechanical properties of metallic materials.
• Experienced in providing materials support to procurement of line pipe, induction bends, forgings, and in the review of subcontractor procedures and documentation.
• Experienced in oil and gas corrosion mechanisms (CO2 corrosion, H2S corrosion)
• Experienced in corrosion calculation, Material Selection, Compatibility & Feasibility Design Report.
• Have good level of familiarity of recognized industry codes and standards relevant to materials and welding discipline. (API 5L, DNV OS-F101, NORSOK, ASTM, NACE).
• Basic/good understanding of welding processes, welding qualifications, NDT procedures (UT, MPI, DPI, RT) used during welding of components and fabrication of subsea structures.
• Communicates effectively and articulately at all levels, internally and externally.
• Demonstrates positive attitude and flexibility in work approach.
• Is risk focused and demonstrates good analytical skills when making decisions.
• Shows commitment to self-improvement, education and development.
• Demonstrate ability to manage interfaces with multi projects and functions in a multicultural environment.
Open to smart working with at least 7 days per month of presential in the office.
- Start as soon as possible
- Location: Suresnes
- Country: France
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore / subsea oil &gas