Aventa’s Engineering teams is actively working in the Marine Renewable Energy sector, providing Engineering and Consultancy services on major international projects and subsea solutions, from concept design to project execution. Our Clients are key players from the European and Worldwide Energy sector: wind farm developers, floating installation companies, subsea cable suppliers, transmission system operators, etc.
We are actively looking for new talents at different level, from junior to senior, to join our fast growing engineering team in Genoa (Italy).
Aventa is currently looking to hire an Senior Offshore Engineer to join their Engineering Team in Genoa (Italy). The successful candidate will work on multiple projects in the Offshore Energy Sector and It is requested a minimum of 5 years of experience in relevant field.
The Senior Engineer will handle multiple projects simultaneously, performing tasks of engineers and providing guidance for the engineering team. The Senior Engineer will report directly to our Engineering Manager and support on both technical work execution and commercial aspects (preparation of commercial offers, contract negotiation, Client interface).
Typical scope of work might include:
• Monitoring the progress of all assigned projects. Ensuring the delivery of high quality service and maintenance of good customer relations.
• Devising new approaches to problems encountered and makes recommendations for changes in methods, procedures or design where necessary.
• Monitoring the technical quality, content, consistency, continuity and timeliness of action of all assigned projects.
• Applying intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of technical responsibility. Performs engineering reviews and analyses when necessary. Reviews other engineers’ work and provides appropriate guidance and training when necessary.
• Preparing technical and commercial offers.
Skill & Experience:
• Master Degree in relevant studies (e.g. Naval architecture, Ocean and Marine Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics)
• 5 to 10 years of experience with design and engineering activities in the Offshore Energy Sector (Renewable or Oil&Gas);
• Experience with some of the following software (or similar): Deeplines, Orcaflex, Orcawave, WAMIT, AQWA, MOSES, Hydrostar, Ariane, Abaqus, Femap, GHS, U-Flex
• Experience with programming languages (e.g. Python, Matlab) is a plus
• Good communication skills. Fluency in English (written and spoken)
• A good team player. Self-motivated with a drive for results, improvement and innovation
• Problem solving attitude
Office in Genoa
Position in smart working.
- Start as soon as possible
- Location: Genova (Italy)
- Country: Italy
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer, Lead Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy