1. POSITION OVERVIEW
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Material and Welding Senior Engineer.
Based within the Design & Analysis Department of our client’s Global Project Center, you will be part of the Materials welding and Coatings discipline and work on large Subsea EPCI projects.
As a materials and welding engineer, with particular expertise in the field of metallic materials (carbon steel, stainless steels, nickel base alloys) and welding (welding book, WPS, WPQR…), you will have to bring your support within our client materials and welding discipline to other services (projects, SCM, engineering, quality …).
The role provides exciting opportunities to be involved throughout all stages of projects with activities related to Flexibles, rigid flowlines, PIP, Subsea structures, offshore/onshore fabrication and installation.
Location : Paris
2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide technical support to projects and other disciplines within our client with regard to materials, corrosion, welding and fabrication.
· Produce the material specifications for pipes, forgings, and bends.
· Responsible of the materials selection according to the corrosive environment and the project constraints.
· Reviews and clarifies offers received from pipes and forgings suppliers.
· Review and approve subcontractor/ vendor welding procedures and documentation and evaluate supplier’s requests for deviations.
· Participate to meeting with Clients, Vendors and Suppliers, and interface with Client representatives as required for resolving any technical issues.
· Being the contact for project teams and tenders for topics related to materials, welding and fabrication.
· Support quality and SCM departments for supplier’s qualification.
· Participate to the R & D activities on materials and welding.
· Ensures effective communication is maintained with clients and other departments.
Skills and behavioural expectations:
· Demonstrates commitment to and promotes our client vision and values.
· Good understanding of metallurgical and mechanical properties of metallic materials.
· Experienced in providing materials support to procurement of line pipe, induction bends, forgings, and in the review of subcontractor procedures and documentation.
· Experienced in corrosion calculation, Material Selection, Compatibility & Feasibility Design Report.
· Have good level of familiarity of recognised industry codes and standards relevant to materials and welding discipline. (API 5L, DNV OS-F101, NORSOK, ASTM…).
· Ability to independently review WPS and WPQ qualified according to ASME, DNV or AWS.
· Evaluate yard welding procedures for piping and structural welding of CS and CRA items according to ASME IX , DNV and AWS D1.1…
· Basic/good understanding of NDT procedures (UT, MPI, DPI, RT… ) used during manufacture of components and fabrication of subsea structures.
· Assumes responsibility for Materials and welding project related targets.
· Communicates effectively and articulately at all levels, internally and externally.
· Demonstrates positive attitude and flexibility in work approach.
· Is risk focused and demonstrates good analytical skills when making decisions.
· Demonstrates professional approach when representing our client builds and enhances relationships with client and manages interfaces effectively.
· Shows commitment to self-improvement, education and development.
· Demonstrate ability to manage interfaces with multi projects and functions in a multicultural environment.
· 5 + years’ Experience in Oil and Gas.
· Bachelor’s degree in Materials science or other degree in Engineering with focus on materials and welding.
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 6 months (extendable) - Long-Term Assignment
- Location: Paris Area
- Country: France
- Contract type: Contractor
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore / subsea oil &gas