Aventa are now seeking a Pirncipal or Senior Rigid Pipeline Design Engineer to join the Rigid Pipeline Design discipline, which is part of the Design & Analysis department of the Global Project Centre & Asia Pacific business unit.
The senior or principal engineer will contribute to the in-place design of subsea rigid pipelines, for tenders, FEEDs and EPCIs, as well as to discipline activities such as continuous improvements and technology developments.
Key Responsibilities & Activities
• Provide specialist skills in key areas of subsea rigid pipeline/spool engineering, in accordance with client’s specifications / scope of work, design codes and Subsea 7 guidelines, including but not limited to:
o Field layout / routing design
o Mechanical design
o Thermomechanical design
o Engineering of stabilisation, freespanning, lateral buckling and walking mitigation/control measures
o Post-lay assessments
• Perform rigid pipeline/spool in-place design calculations and analyses.
• Produce and review material take-off, design reports, technical notes, engineering drawings (in collaboration with draftsmen), design review slide packs, technical scope of work, technical queries, deviation requests, risk assessments etc., for tenders, FEEDs and EPCIs.
• Propose and implement design solutions of complex problems which achieve cost & risk reduction.
• Identify risk, participate in risk assessments and manage/mitigate risk.
• Take ownership of, organise and prioritise allocated tasks / scope of work.
• Manage time/budget constraints to meet deadlines.
• Supervise and coordinate small teams and/or junior engineers.
• Participate in rigid pipeline project team and discipline meetings.
• Interface (meetings and correspondence) with the various disciplines and functions within a project, clients, subcontractors, suppliers, third parties etc., in a technical capacity.
• Report to project lead / engineering manager and discipline manager.
• Communicate project experience and lessons learnt to the discipline.
• Ensure implementation of Subsea 7 guidelines, best practices, processes, project experience and lessons learnt.
• Contribute to discipline developments such as engineering tools, continuous improvements and technology developments.
• Actively participate in training and pursue continuing professional development.
• Train and mentor junior and graduate engineers.
• Degree in a STEM subject.
• Knowledge of subsea pipeline design and/or finite element analysis
• Sound communication skills in English, both verbal and written
• Ability to:
o Present self in a professional manner appropriate to the role
o Organise, prioritise and deliver work to meet deadlines
o Work within time and budget constraints and raise/manage risks which may affect schedule and/or budget in collaboration with management
o Deliver under pressure, adapt to changing requirements and manage competing deadlines
o Understand code, client and project requirements
o Undertake responsibility for producing deliverables such as design reports, drawings etc.
o Work effectively and collaborate within a team
o Supervise / coordinate small teams or junior engineers
o Manage interfaces
o Build and maintain strong professional relationships at all levels
• Professional experience using Abaqus
• Professional experience using VBA and/or Python
• Understanding of fracture mechanics / ECA
• Understanding of rigid pipeline/spool installation engineering
• Understanding of welding and rigid pipeline/spool fabrication
• Understanding of geotechnical engineering relevant to rigid pipelines/spools
• General understanding of SURF design / developments
• Experience in working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural engineering team
• Chartership with a relevant professional engineering institution (e.g. IMechE, ICE etc.)
- Start as soon as possible
- Location: Paris area
- Country: France
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer, Lead Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore / subsea oil &gas