Job purpose/ Description of role
The SPS Manager has a crucial role within the Company, responsible for all Contractual and Technical aspects of the Subsea Production System.
Main responsibilities / Principal Accountabilities (WHAT to do)
The SPS Manager is fully accountable for all SPS activities in the project:
- Delivery Responsible. Ensure compliance for contract requirements for the total technical performance of the SPS project scope.
- Ensure compliance with Contracts legal and commercial requirements in collaboration with the designated Contracts Manager
- Lead, supervise, organize, and control the SPS related project work and personnel.
- Ensure compliance with Industry Standards, Company standards and BMS system as well as Local Legislation, as described in the contract.
- Supervise the activities of the SPS team, set team goals and targets, and coach the team to achieve necessary results. Be active and lead from the front, and promote motivation, good communication, and a positive work environment.
- Ensure that the SPS team is staffed with the required skill sets and knowledge at all sites throughout the project period. Recommend enhancements or changes in team makeup to the Subsea Manager and Project Manager when necessary.
- Be overall accountable for ensuring alignment between the Project and other stakeholders regarding subsea equipment design and functionality.
- In cooperation with the HSSE function, ensure that Company HSSE policies and procedures are adhered to in all phases of the work by conducting audits and ensuring group focus in these areas.
- In collaboration with the project Quality function, ensure quality in deliverables and compliance with contract requirement.
- In cooperation with the Project Controls function, ensure project planning, cost estimating, project risk analysis and reporting activities are carried out in a prudent manner.
- Manage the work and contractors to ensure that SPS and project-related operational, quality, cost, and schedule targets are achieved.
- Manage related interfaces between the Project, Well Ops, Operations, Contractors, and miscellaneous stakeholder groups in a timely manner. Bring to the attention of the Project Manager, and/or appropriate Project functions, relevant issues, recommendations for improvement and implement as agreed.
- Set the tone for an open and constructive relationship with the SURF contractors and suppliers.
- Ensure that team activities and decisions support Project objectives and priorities.
- Promote knowledge sharing and establish SPS input to the close-out report for the Project.
Main Tasks/ Key deliverables (HOW to achieve the main responsibilities)
Subsea Production System:
- Responsible for the delivery on time, on budget and with quality of the SPS package.
- Oversee the SPS contractor’s performance.
Training and Development:
- Provide training and guidance to project team members on SPS.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement by promoting knowledge sharing and learning within the team.
- Stay updated with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices.
Communication and Collaboration:
- Facilitate effective communication among project team members, stakeholders, and external parties regarding project requirements, technical strategies, interfaces and documentation processes.
- Coordinate meetings, workshops, and reviews to gather and disseminate project information.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather input, resolve conflicts, and align project requirements with organizational goals.
- Provide guidance and support to team members on best practices and requirements.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to Health, Safety, and the Environment.
- Be prepared to work in a manner that ensures the safety and health of all and minimizes environmental impacts by following established statutory and corporate HSSE policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Committed to participate in HSSEQ awareness and training programs when required.
- Be prepared to promptly reports any unsafe act or condition, environmental or health hazard, injury, illness or near miss witnessed to immediate supervisor or site in charge.
- Continuously monitoring, reviewing, and improving our processes to achieve excellent quality and safety performance in all aspects of our business.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in SPS
- Demonstrated ability to lead a group of professionals through all phases and aspects. History of completing projects safely and within cost and schedule requirements.
- Good commercial skills and business driver understanding to manage the execution of contracts.
- Good communication skills to manage the interfaces between Project teams located in various locations.
- Ability to set ambitious goals, high team standards, and to lead a culturally diverse team.
- Good interpersonal, networking, and relationship-building skills, both internally to the project and with contractors.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to manage the work with minimum direction from the Subsea Manager
- International experience and cultural awareness
- Capable of leading a team
Office based in Fornebu, Oslo (NO).
No hybrid working mode is offered.
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: Long term assignment
- Location: Fornebu
- Country: Norway
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Technical Manager
- Field of activity: Offshore / subsea oil &gas