We are seeking a highly skilled Structural Design Engineer focusing on installation aids and seafastening. As a Structural Design Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safe and efficient installation of offshore structures, equipment, and facilities. Your expertise in structural analysis, design principles, and knowledge of industry codes and regulations will be essential in delivering high-quality engineering solutions.
Structural Design and Analysis:
Conduct structural analysis and design calculations for installation aids and seafastening systems used in the Oil and Gas sector.
Develop innovative design solutions while considering factors such as load capacity, structural integrity, stability, and safety.
Utilize software tools and modeling techniques to perform structural analyses and evaluate the behavior of installation aids and seafastening systems.
Technical Documentation and Reporting:
Prepare detailed technical specifications, design reports, and documentation for installation aids and seafastening systems.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment with project requirements, industry standards, and client specifications.
Provide clear and concise technical presentations and reports to stakeholders, highlighting design considerations, recommendations, and potential risks.
Compliance and Quality Assurance:
Ensure compliance with relevant industry codes, standards, and regulations in the design and implementation of installation aids and seafastening systems.
Conduct quality assurance checks and reviews of design deliverables to ensure accuracy, consistency, and adherence to project requirements.
Collaborate with third-party certification bodies and regulatory authorities to obtain necessary approvals and certifications for the designed structures.
Project Management and Collaboration:
Work closely with project teams, including engineers, architects, designers, and construction personnel, to provide technical expertise and support throughout the project lifecycle.
Contribute to project planning, scheduling, and cost estimation activities related to installation aids and seafastening design.
Collaborate with suppliers and vendors to evaluate and select appropriate materials, equipment, and components for installation aids and seafastening systems.
• Graduated with a M.Sc. / Ph.D. in civil (Structural), Mechanics or Marine/offshore Engineering;
• + 8 yrs of experience and preferable with previous experience in an Installation Contractor – SUBSEA 7, TFMC or SAIPEM;
• Experience in installation aids and Seafastening;
• Steel structure design, material strength, Naval architecture, piping design;
• Knowledge of piping, connectors, valves and forgings and associated codes;
• Competency in design and analysis software packages for FEA (Abaqus, Ansys…) and Beam Elements (SACS, NSO/ISYMOST…) is essential;
• Willingness to work in Suresnes office at least 3 days per week.
Able to work in Suresnes (France) office at least 3 days per week.
- Start as soon as possible
- Location: Suresnes
- Country: France
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore / subsea oil &gas