As a Subsea Structure Engineer working for an EPCI (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Installation) contractor in the Offshore Oil and Gas industry, your primary responsibility will be to lead and oversee the design, analysis, and project management of various subsea structures, including FLET (Flowline End Termination), Manifold, Suction Pile, and large Mudmat. Your expertise in offshore subsea structures and your knowledge of industry standards will be critical to ensure the successful execution of projects.
Subsea Structure Design and Analysis:
- Apply your extensive experience in offshore subsea structures to design and analyze FLET, Manifold, Suction Pile, and large Mudmat components.
- Utilize industry codes and standards such as API 2A WSD, AISC 9th Edition, and DNVST-N001 to ensure the structural integrity and compliance of designs.
- Employ engineering software, including ABAQUS for 2D shell and 3D volumetric Finite Element Analysis (FEA), SACS for beam analysis, and perform hand calculations when necessary to validate designs.
Project Leadership and Collaboration:
- Act as the focal point for the subsea structure discipline within the project team, providing expertise and guidance in structural engineering matters.
- Collaborate and interface with other subsea engineering disciplines (e.g., geotechnical, installation, flowlines, materials) to ensure seamless integration of the overall subsea system design.
- Possess a basic understanding of other engineering disciplines to facilitate effective communication and coordination between teams.
- Take on the role of a team leader for the project’s structure team.
- Provide training, technical support, and mentorship to team members to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Perform technical validation of documents produced by the structure team to ensure accuracy and compliance with project requirements.
- Manage the activities related to the subsea structure scope of work on the project.
- Efficiently allocate resources, monitor budget, and oversee the project schedule to meet project objectives and milestones.
- Ensure timely issuance of all necessary technical documents related to subsea structures, including design reports, calculations, and specifications.
- Regularly report project progress, challenges, and achievements to the project management team.
Application of Engineering Software:
- Utilize your previous experience with FEA software like ABAQUS for 2D and 3D analysis and SACS for beam analysis to optimize subsea structure designs.
- Apply engineering judgment to verify and cross-check results through hand calculations as required.
QualificationEducation and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in the design and analysis of offshore subsea structures.
- Proficiency in industry standards, including API 2A WSD, AISC 9th Edition, and DNVST-N001, and their application in subsea structure design.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience with engineering software such as ABAQUS and SACS for structural analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to perform accurate hand calculations to validate and cross-check analytical results.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to lead a team of engineers and provide technical direction.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and project stakeholders.
- English (write & oral) is mandatory / French speaker ideally.
- Proven project management capabilities, including resource management, budgeting, and planning.
Location : At least 3 days/week in Paris
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months (extendable) - Long term opportunity
- Location: Paris Area
- Country: France
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer, Lead Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy