· Prepare design/fabrication drawings of steel structures and piping (P&IDs/Isometrics) using AutoCAD and Inventor software
· Prepare pipeline related drawings like field layouts, alignment sheets, approach drawings, crossing
· Design/Model subsea structures and equipment using 3D Inventor software for Fabrication Drawings, Conceptual and FEED Studies
· Interface with other disciplines to obtain input for designs and drawings and to develop clash free designs
· Assist in the identification of technical problems and contribute with possible solutions
· Conduct self-check on drawing/sketches and undertake checking of others work in a project or department environment within own experience and competence level
· Prepare drawings and sketches consistent with good engineering practice and in compliance with company drawing office procedures.
· Assist Fabrication as required in the resolution of construction difficulties relating to design problems, clashes, etc.
· Provide feedback and input to improve departmental standards, working methods and guidelines
· Technical education preferably related to civil and structural engineering
· Ability to function within a multiple disciplines design team across multiple projects.
· Good communication skills in French and English, both verbally and written.
· Commitment to Continuing Professional Development
· Technical knowledge and interest in subsea engineering
· Ability to prioritise and organise work
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
· Trained in the use of AutoCAD 2D/3D
· Trained in the use of Inventor 3D
· Experience in design/drafting of (subsea) steel structures including piping and/or pipelines
· Experience in other non-technical software e.g. MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Desirable Experience, Skills and Knowledge
· Experience working in a Subsea engineering environment and/or offshore operations.
· Experience working with offshore field layouts and route planning and general subsea field development
· 3 – 6 years’ experience in design/engineering of steel structure and/or pipelines
· Use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Knowledge of Vault for data (drawings/models) management
location : Paris area
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 6 months (extendable) - Long-Term Assignment
- Location: Paris Area
- Country: France
- Seniority level: Designer
- Project type: DEEP WATER O&G Floating unit (FPSO, FLNG etc), SHALLOW WATER O&G platform
- Category: Drafter / Dessinator