Description of role
The Subsea Services Manager will report to the SVP SUBSEA in the Project team.
The Subsea Services Manager will be responsible for developing the scope of work for all the relevant Subsea Services Contracts. The Project have defined three subsea services contracts:
- the SPS Well Construction Support services contract;
- the Installation Support Contract;
- the Life of Field services contract.
Together with the necessary legal support and support from contracts engineer, the Subsea Services Contract shall ensure that all contracts are completed and ready for execution at Final Investment Decision (FID).
The Subsea Services Manager will work integrated with the supplier(s) and maximize the use of supplier’s competencies, and to optimize the use of local site facilities and local expertise. The role shall ensure that activities are planned, coordinated, and managed safely to deliver maximum operating and cost efficiency to the company.
The Subsea Services Manager will ensure all plans and operations are technically compliant with Industry Standards, Local Legislation and company Management Systems. He/she will contribute to supporting local content and recruitment.
- Deliver the completed contracts for Subsea Services as required prior to the PDO – and ready for execution by FID (SPS Well Construction Support Services – in collaboration with supplier(s) and Drilling&Wells; Installation Services – in collaboration with selected supplier, or a competitive tender; Life of Field Services – support to the local company Operations team).
- Provide a clear cost-effective recommendation for the projects local facilities (base/warehouse/office etc) – in close collaboration with local company Operations team, and relevant suppliers.
- In close collaboration with the supplier(s), ensure that the project has a very clearly defined logistics strategy.
- A clear management strategy for the collaboration with the supplier(s) and to establish clear operating models (technical as well as commercial) for all service related activities for the project.
Interfaces and dependencies
Competencies and Experience
The position requires 10+ years of experience from similar work activities. Preferable experience from supporting deepwater subsea well completion work and/or installation and intervention work.
Good technical knowledge of the equipment and technology needed to install SPS equipment. Familiarity with offshore installations is preferred.
The position requires positive communication skills, the ability to work in integrated teams in a LEAN organization – and the ability to challenge established practices to achieve increased efficiencies and lower cost.
Resident in Oslo
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 1 year (renewable)
- Location: Oslo
- Country: Norvege
- Seniority level: Lead Engineer, Technical Manager
- Project type: DEEP WATER O&G Floating unit (FPSO, FLNG etc)
- Field of activity: Offshore / subsea oil &gas
- Category: Subsea SURF & SPS Equipment Engineering