AVENTA empowers the Marine Energy market with the sharpest skills to help design a bluer future. As a leader in providing Engineering & Consultancy services for Marine Energy projects, we have built a solid reputation over the years thanks to our long-term vision, focusing daily on technical excellence, our employees & contractors’ needs and on bringing innovative solutions to our customers. Above all, we are community builders. We train and cherish our network of experts and clients. We source stimulating and innovative Marine Energy projects that best match our consultants’ profile and ambitions.
Currently we are looking for a Tender Engineer V.I.E. Engineer for our Genoa office by using the program powered by Business France.
..But what is the V.I.E. program ?
It’s a chance for European young professionals to engage in enriching experiences.
Participants will receive a competitive salary, health insurance, retirement contributions, travel reimbursement, and more.
Eligibility criteria include:
- being a citizen of any European Union country (except Italy)
- aged below 29
- having no prior VIE experience or prior work experience in Italy
To know more about the V.I.E. program: https://mon-vie-via.businessfrance.fr/
POSITION AND MISSION
A Tender Engineer plays a crucial role in the process of preparing and submitting tender proposals for projects, contracts, or services. The primary responsibility of a Tender Engineer is to ensure that the tender documentation is accurate, complete, and submitted on time.
Here’s a general overview of the job description for a Tender Engineer:
– Tender Preparation: Review and analyse tender documents received from clients or project owners. Understand the requirements, specifications, and scope of work outlined in the tender documents. Coordinate with various departments within the organization to gather necessary information for the tender.
– Cost Estimation: Prepare cost estimates for materials, labour, equipment, and other resources required for the project. Collaborate with other relevant personnel to accurately estimate project costs. Evaluate and negotiate prices with suppliers and subcontractors.
– Technical Proposal: Work closely with technical experts to develop the technical aspects of the tender proposal. Ensure that the technical solution proposed aligns with the client’s requirements. Collaborate with engineers and subject matter experts to create detailed technical documentation.
– Commercial Proposal: Develop the commercial aspects of the tender, including pricing, payment terms, and contractual conditions. Ensure that the commercial proposal aligns with the organization’s agreed business strategy.
– Risk Assessment: Identify and assess potential risks associated with the project and incorporate risk mitigation strategies in the tender proposal. Conduct a thorough analysis of contractual terms and conditions to identify any potential liabilities.
– Submission Process: Ensure that all tender documents are prepared and submitted in accordance with the specified deadlines. Coordinate the internal review and approval process before submission.
– Client Interaction: Engage in discussions with clients to clarify any queries they may have regarding the tender. Attend pre-bid meetings and site visits as required.
– Documentation and Record-Keeping: Maintain a comprehensive and organized record of all tender-related documents. Archive and document feedback received from clients for future reference.
– Continuous Improvement: Participate in post-tender reviews to identify areas for improvement in the tendering process. Stay informed about industry trends, market conditions, and changes in regulations that may impact tendering activities. – Legal Compliance: Ensure that the tender proposal complies with all legal and regulatory requirements. Collaborate with the legal team to address any legal aspects of the tender.
– Communication Skills: Communicate effectively with internal teams, external partners, and clients throughout the tender process. Prepare and deliver presentations as needed.
THE IDEAL PROFILE
A successful Tender Engineer should have a good understanding of the industry, excellent
analytical and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team
environment. Additionally, attention to detail, time management, and the ability to work
under pressure are critical skills for this role.
English proficiency is essential for this role
The missions extends over 12 months and is renewable.
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months
- Location: Genova - Italy
- Country: Italy
- Contract type: Contractor
- Seniority level: Junior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy