OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Vessels Marine Assurance Engineer provides Marine expertise to the Operations department relative to all marine requirements specific to the 3rd party vessels used for projects within the Africa region.
As such, the Vessels Marine Assurance Engineer is responsible for:
· To update Subsea7 requirements for all kinds of chartered 3rd party vessels (requirements from class/flag, from Subsea7 group and from various Clients/Customers)
· To follow up and lead improvements to standard operating practices related to marine activities
· To prepare marine spread for project in conjunction with Offshore Resources, Vessel Operations and Project Teams
SPECIFIC KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES
· Perform inspections, audits on vessels prior use on project
· Give feedback on inspection, capability of vessel and crew
· Follow up inspection, audits with projects and Chartering department and ensure the issue of relevant report.
· Provide technical assistance and consultation for the project team on the planning and daily marine operations.
· Review the SOW of the marine spread from the projects teams and provide feedback
· Review and comment on the on/off hire condition survey reports of the cargo barges and evaluate the technical condition of the barge.
· Liaise with the owners on the barge preparations prior to mobilization.
· Liaise with the concerned client for mutual vessel inspection (if required).
· Review & monitoring the maritime regulations implementations on board the chartered vessels.
· Liaise with the owners on the monthly required maintenance of the marine spreads and follow up the completion.
· Update the 3rd party vessels database with all specifications, audits, certificates
· Participate to pre-operations kick-off meeting with Owners and project (including HSE meeting held in Suresnes before starting project).
· Update and follow up the use of naval spread with the marine log coordinator to determine precisely future needs
· Review & Comment 3rd party vessels selection before charter, in coordination with Project Operations Manager
· Coordinate and organize OVID/CMID inspections
· Update Subsea7 construction SOPs from a marine aspect, in coordination with SOM
· Provide adequate support for all project teams, in relation to the vessel’s movements, mobilization/demobilization, bunkering, berthing, maritime regulations, technical evaluations…etc.
· Technical Interface between Owners and Chartering department
· Technical Interface between project and crew
KEY RELATIONSHIPS/ STAKEHOLDERS
· Chartering Department
· Project Operations Manager
· Vessels Operations Manager
· Marine Logistic Coordinator
· Offshore Resources
· HSE Department
· Owner and vessel crew
· Client Marine inspector
· Qualifications: Minimum Command or chief engineer certification (STCW II/2 or III/2, valid or expired)
· Experience: Minimum 2 years seagoing experience in senior rank on offshore vessels. Demonstrate recent experience of marine auditing.
· Knowledge: current marine legislation, vessel type being inspected, technological advances in vessel/equipment, standard charter parties (BIMCO etc) and IMCA guidelines.
Based in Head-Office within the Project Team with regular missions in situ (onshore on logistic bases & offshore on working sites)
- Start as soon as possible
- Location: Suresnes
- Country: France
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore / subsea oil &gas