An Italian energy company has quietly revived plans to develop a new gas field in the Timor Sea which contains some of the most carbon-intensive gas in Australia.
– The Verus gas field has a very high percentage of CO2 content
– Eni says it could still produce carbon-neutral LNG through carbon capture and storage
– IEEFA says there is little room for Eni to “bury” emissions if sharing Santos’ CCS facility
The Evans Shoal gas field, about 300 kilometres north-west of Darwin, was discovered 35 years ago and has since passed through the hands of BHP Petroleum, Woodside, Shell, and Santos.
Since 2017 it has been controlled by Eni, an Italian energy company that operates in more than 60 countries, which has recently renamed the project Verus.
The service required relates to the performance of the following service: Civil Engineer specialising in the calculation of complex prestressed concrete structures.
To carry out this service, the Contractor must have the skills described below:
- Graduate of an engineering school (ENPC, ESTP, CHEC)
- Extensive experience in the calculation and design of complex prestressed concrete structures.
- Mastery of finite element calculations applicable to the calculation of complex prestressed concrete structures.
- Experienced in seismic design of structures. (Special method and time domain).
- Languages: English: Essential; Italian: Preferred
Location : based in Paris area + On site trip
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months (extendable) - Long term opportunity
- Location: Paris (Saint Quentin en Yvelines) + On site mission
- Country: France
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore / subsea oil &gas