Aventa is currently looking to hire a Geotechnical Engineer to join their Engineering Team in Genoa (Italy). The successful candidate will work on multiple projects in the Offshore Energy Sector.
Aventa’s Engineering team is actively working in the Marine Renewable Energy sector, providing Engineering and Consultancy services on major international projects and subsea solutions, from concept design to project execution. Our Clients are key players from the European and Worldwide Energy sector: wind farm developers, floating installation companies, subsea cable suppliers, transmission system operators, etc.
We are actively looking for new talents at different levels, from junior to senior, to join our fast-growing engineering team in Genoa (Italy).
The Geotechnical Engineer will execute engineering activity under the supervision and guidance of our senior personnel. Typical scope of work might include:
• Cable burial & protection design (e.g. Cable Burial Risk Assessment, Burial Assessment Survey, rock berm design, cable crossing design, etc.);
• Pipeline/Cable Seabed Stability (e.g. Cable/Pipe-Soil Interaction, on bottom stability, etc.);
• Geotechnical site characterization (e.g. interpretation of geotechnical data including in-situ and laboratory test results, integration with geophysical data, chart development);
• Geotechnical design and evaluation of foundations (e.g. driven pile design, suction pile design, etc.);
• Engineering assessment related to geohazard;
• Review and analysis of engineering documents; verification of compliance with project requirements and applicable codes and standards; design appraisal and certification;
• Carrying out design and engineering consulting activities at different level (feasibility studies, concept selection, basic design, detail design, FEED, cost estimation) relevant to offshore projects;
• Write and check calculation notes, analysis reports, specification of material;
• Prepare project deliverables within deadlines;
• Ability to discuss results and ideas with client.
Skill & Experience:
• Master Degree in relevant studies (e.g. Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering);
• Analysis and interpretation of geotechnical data;
• Foundation engineering or pipeline/cable soil interaction;
• Experience in geotechnical data acquisition is an advantage;
• Experience with programming languages (e.g. Python, Matlab, VBA) and in the use of geotechnical software (e.g. Plaxis, GRLWEAP, etc.) is a plus;
• Experience and ability in numerical analyses is an advantage;
• Good communication skills. Fluency in English (written and spoken);
• A good team player. Self-motivated with a drive for results, improvement and innovation;
• Problem solving attitude.
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Long term
Years of experience: 2 to 5
Type of project : Offshore Marine Renewables
Location : Hybrid (Office Based + remote)
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: permanent
- Location: Genova
- Country: Italy
- Contract type: Permanent
- Seniority level: Junior Engineer, Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy