You will be involved in a range of different project in the Marine Renewable Energy sector, with particular focus on Offshore Wind (Floating and Fixed) and HVDC Interconnectors.
Aventa’s Engineering teams are actively working in the Marine Renewable Energy sector, providing Engineering and Consultancy services on major international projects and subsea solutions, from concept design to project execution. Our Clients are key players from the European and Worldwide Energy sector: wind farm developers, floating installation companies, subsea cable suppliers, transmission system operators, etc.
We are actively looking for new talents at different levels, from junior to senior, to join our fast-growing engineering team in Genoa (Italy).
Aventa is currently looking to hire an offshore Geologist/Geophysicist to join their Engineering Team in Genoa (Italy). The successful candidate will work on multiple projects in the Offshore Energy Sector.
The typical scope of work might include:
• Cable burial & protection design (e.g. Cable Burial Risk Assessment, Burial Assessment Study);
• Cable rerouting;
• Geological site characterization (e.g. interpretation of the full geophysical data package);
• Identification of geohazard;
• GIS analysis and modelling;
• Carrying out engineering consulting activities at different levels (feasibility studies, concept selection, basic design, detail design, FEED, cost estimation) relevant to offshore projects;
• Contributing to technical reports and presentations;
• Prepare project deliverables within deadlines;
• Ability to discuss results and ideas with client.
• Master’s degree in relevant studies (e.g. Environmental Engineering or Geology, with geophysics content, other in Environmental Science or Geography);
• Having at least 3 years of related work experience;
• Experience in the acquisition and processing of geophysical data (MBES, SSS, SBP and MAG data);
• Ability to assess geological problems and understanding of regional geological process;
• Experience knowledge of ESRI desktop applications ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro and QGIS desktop;
• AutoCad drafting capabilities and knowledge of its mapping tools;
• Experience of creating web mapping solutions using ESRI or Open Source technology will be considered as a plus;
• Good communication skills. Fluency in English (written and spoken);
• A good team player. Self-motivated with a drive for results, improvement and innovation;
• Problem solving attitude.
Open to smart working, some days in the office in Genova will be required.
Autonmous in the use of GIS
Experience in acquisition and processing of geophysical data (MBES, SSS, SBP and MAG data)
- Start as soon as possible
- Location: Genova
- Country: Italy
- Contract type: Permanent
- Seniority level: Junior Engineer, Senior Engineer, Project Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy