The CELTIC INTERCONNECTOR project aims to create a 700 MW electrical interconnection between France and Ireland to allow the exchange of electricity between the two countries. This will be the first direct interconnection between Ireland and continental Europe.
The link will connect the Knockraha substation (East Cork region in Ireland) to the La Martyre substation (Finistère), with a total length of approximately 575 km, including 35 km onshore in Ireland, 500 km offshore and 40 km onshore in France.
The project is being carried out by the joint venture CIDAC, whose parent companies are RTE, the French transmission system operator, and its Irish counterpart EirGrid.
We are looking for a Site HSE Manager for the CELTIC interconnection.
He/she will be placed under the operational authority of the Project Management and the HSE Manager of the project.
The scope of action of the Site HSE Manager covers all construction works on the French land side. The batches in yellow in the table above are the main areas of intervention of the site HSE manager.
The HSE site manager :
- Participates in the weekly and monthly progress meetings of the companies,
- Reviews all HSE documentation defined in the Contract for the main companies and subcontractors,
- Participates, when necessary, in the analysis of HSE events,
- Ensures the selective sorting and follow-up of waste generated on the various lots,
- Completes the register of significant HSE events and ensures that it is kept up to date,
- Participates in risk analysis sessions organized in plenary meetings on French land-based batches,
- Participates in and facilitates, if necessary, emergency exercises (safety and environment)
- Ensures the relevance of the technical content of the General Coordination Plan(s) within the framework of the 1994 decree on French land lots,
- Participates in the consolidation of the feedback from the lot managers,
- May participate in CISSCT and prior joint inspections,
- Collects information from service providers/developers in order to produce a monthly report on HSE indicators,
- Ensures regular internal HSE reporting to the HSE project manager and the DIIREM health, safety and environment department,
- Prepares and leads the HSE sequence of project reviews with the project HSE manager,
- Ensures the follow-up of the PPE used on the French land lots,
- Could be the “COVID” referent of the site on the French land lots if an epidemic outbreak requires a COVID referent.
- Experience: ideally someone who has worked on projects in France and with RTE, who knows the French HSE procedures
- Soft skills: important to be a good communicator and diplomat.
Location: Morlaix ? (Brittany), possibility to do remote but ideally should be based on site
Duration: 6 months (renewable if it goes well)
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 6 months (extendable)
- Location: Brest area + site
- Country: France
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy