The Yeu-Noirmoutier project consists of connecting the future 500 MW offshore wind farm on the islands of Yeu and Noirmoutier to the electricity grid. The connection will be made via two 225,000 volt cables that will reach the land and then a new RTE “Soullans” substation via an intermediate compensation substation.
Work is due to start in 2022.
Description of the role:
The interface engineer will be part of the “Yeu-Noirmoutier” project team, and more specifically of the “Submarine Link (SL)” package. He/she will report to the LSM Batch Leader, and will interact with the other functions of the batch (in particular the LSM Lead Project Engineer).
The Interfaces Engineer participates in the development and is responsible for the implementation of the technical interface management process between :
- The Wind Producer (LEM – ENGIE group), which is in charge of the project management and operation of the offshore wind farm and in particular of the offshore platform, and which is RTE’s Client
- RTE, the electricity transmission system operator, which is in charge of the project management and operation of the electrical connection of the offshore wind farm.
Generally, the management of technical interfaces consists of recovering and exchanging information or engineering documents concerning equipment or operations located at the limit of the scope of responsibility of each Project Owner (in particular, in the context of this project, at the offshore platform belonging to the Client and where RTE will intervene to connect its cables).
RTE subcontracts almost all of its work to Prysmian PowerLink via an EPCI contract, with the exception of certain low voltage equipment.
These interfaces are involved at various stages of the project: engineering, execution and commissioning.
- To set up and maintain the interface management tools:
o Interface Management Plan
o Interface Register
o Interface sheets
- Ensure that interfaces are properly defined in relation to the various stakeholders;
- Lead the interface management process;
- Ensure that interfaces are processed and closed in a timely manner and within the scope of responsibility defined in RTE contracts;
- Be able to understand, categorize and challenge interfaces before passing them on internally and externally;
- Contribute to the respect of the contractual processes of interface management (in particular the processes of the cable-laying contract and the connection agreement) in order to minimize the contractual exposure of Prysmian;
- Track and report to the LSM Batch Manager and the LSM Contract Manager and the Customer Coordination Manager any deviation of the Customer/suppliers from the scope of responsibility initially defined in Prysmian’s contracts;
- To be the single point of contact for the Customer and RTE on the management of interfaces;
- Ensure good communication between the various stakeholders;
- Ensure that interface data is properly taken into account, including updates by the batch leaders in the studies/databases/procedures;
- Participate in/lead interface meetings with suppliers (especially the cable company) and with the Client;
- Ensure the introduction and updating of interface milestones in the project schedule, shared monthly with the client;
- Contribute to the monitoring of risks and opportunities on the schedule, quality, and costs related to the interfaces;
- Participate in scheduled review meetings and project risk review meetings;
- Contribute to monthly project reporting;
- To take charge of or contribute to the preparation of responses in the context of interfaces and technical questions, to carry out certain studies, or to contribute to purchases.
- Given that the end of the project is scheduled for 2025, the mission may be extended until 2025.
- The successful candidate will have a 4/5 year degree in engineering, or a postgraduate degree, ideally specializing in electricity or mechanics;
- Fluency in English (written and oral);
- Mastery of engineering and design processes for complex systems (experience of large infrastructure projects required);
- Strong technical background (ideally in offshore platforms and/or offshore works, or even electrical substations [high and low voltage electrical equipment]);
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and lead all stakeholders in a project;
- Negotiation skills;
- Resistance to stress;
- Strong synthesis skills;
- Writing skills;
- Communication and listening skills to carry out missions successfully, integrating the multicultural dimension and the organizational complexity inherent in this type of project.
Location : Paris or Nantes area
- Start as soon as possible
- Location: Nantes but remote work is possible
- Country: France
- Seniority level: Junior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy