We are currently looking for a Lead electrical system engineer on behalf of his client, a Major Cable Contractor.
The scope would be the following :
OVERALL PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To take care of submarine cable systems design and engineering at both tender and contract stages. This includes the definition of technical solutions, in compliance with Customer requirements and with environment/ambient constraints and their optimization from both competiveness and feasibility point of view. Activities involve the production of technical documentation for Customer and specifications for internal or sub-contractor’s use.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Definition of technically acceptable and commercially competitive cable, cable system designs and in line with Customer enquiry requirements.
• Preparation of technical documentation for Customer and specifications for internal or sub-contractor’s use.
• Participation to meetings with Customers’ representatives at all stages of the enquiry and contract to ensure compliance with Customers’ requirements, and Customer’s satisfaction
• Production of detailed costing of all materials and services and production of the technical content to be submitted to Customers.
• Support to Contracts Engineering Execution Manager in the preparation of formal documentation and design information for the manufacture of cable, accessories, and for cable installation activities.
• Occasionally, work on details of specific aspects which are typically not completely defined at offer stage e.g. design of special parts, definition/coordination of qualification testing, design of prototypes, etc. This part includes the optimization of cable and system design, to reduce project costs.
• Participation to technical presentations to Customers, to technical conferences, seminars and workshops.
• Development of new calculation procedures and computer methods for determining product and system technical proposals and ensure that all calculation and working procedures comply with the necessary technical and quality standards and procedures.
• 4 years’ experience minimum in DC Mass Impregnated submarine cable would be a plus.
• Knowledge and experience in design and engineering of cables and systems (Land cable or submarine cable) and basic knowledge of the cable installation process.
• Understanding and of use of design calculation methods (electrical/thermal/mechanical, analytic and finite elements) and computer solutions and ability to develop and improve these through mathematics and computer programming
• Detailed understanding of relevant national and international standards
• Ability to combine technical knowledge with communications and liaisons skills, both internally and with Customers representatives (both technical and commercial)
• Availability to business travels
100 % smart working is possible + business travels
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: Long term
- Location: Ideal location would be Paris or Milan but 100 % remote is possible
- Country: France, Italy, United Kingdom
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Junior Engineer, Senior Engineer, Lead Engineer
- Field of activity: Onshore Oil&gas