Support the grid connection package (GRI) taking the lead, coordinating, or supporting the team on
- Managing the grid connection agreement for both projects, including RTE formal communication
- Supporting RTE operations and project internal interfaces
- Taking the lead on engineering related activities
Following up and cascading grid code requirements among the project packages, including fiches with RTE and contractors.
The role will liaise with:
- Internal: PMs, CMs, Legal, Construction, Planning, DCC, Risks, Marine coordination, HSE, Quality, SCADA, O&M.
- External : RTE, Arteria, OSS contractor & subcontractors, SGRE, Inspection companies in coordination with the Packages Managers
Activity 1: Package management activities
- Manage day to day Grid Connection agreement with Rte including but not limited to follow-up of Contractual milestones, review of modification requests and issuance of formal correspondences.
- Provide input for the Monthly reporting
- Coordination of technical queries / documentation / requests from Contractors, ensuring timely closure during the development and execution stages. Handle the associated Master Document Registers (MDR’s)
- Advice and support the O&M department.
Activity 2: RTE activities / Operations
- Act as the GRI package point of contact for internal technical interfaces and RTE offshore works coordination.
- Provide input and follow interfaces with Rte focusing on export cable installation (cable works on offshore substation and cable installation at sea) as well as related onshore works.
- Follow RTE installation planning. Identify, initiate and implement Proximity agreements, when required
- Coordinate health and safety (HSSE)-related documentation and processes
- Review operational documentation, including PtW documentation and vessel documentation in conjunction with the construction and HSSE team
- Do site visits to follow the progress of works and to OSS yards when applicable
Activity 3: Engineering
- Follow-up closely with the various packages to avoid technical gaps and ensuring grid code and grid connection agreement requirements are met.
- Set-up the factory and on-site tests activities: Factory Acceptance Tests, Harbour Acceptance Tests and Site Acceptance Tests (including the offshore commissioning activities) supporting QAQC department and could assist to the tests if needed
- Provide electrical support to the OSS package on electrical matters HV and/or LV answering technical queries, following up on actions, deviations or points of attention so to support the lead engineer on the related matter.
- Review documentation and review process together with RTE and document Control
- (Optional) Review, do and follow up on modelling together with any contractor and Rte to be proactive and solve possible issues without cost/time impact on the project. Ensure grid code compliance and follow “RTE fiches” issuance.
Participation to Meetings & Workshops
In order to ensure a continuous communication between the Client and the Service Provider, a series of meetings will be organised by Client throughout the duration of the Contract. Attendance and participation to these meetings will be key to ensure communication and alignment between the parties.
Among the recurrent meetings organised by Client, the Service Provider may be requested to attend to monthly coordination meetings. These meetings will aim at:
- Measuring performance of the Contract execution,
- Reviewing upcoming needs for additional activities and termination of on-going activities as the case may be,
- Holding discussions on challenges, difficulties, lessons learnt.
From time to time, the coordination meetings could be face-to-face meetings held in the Client’s offices in Paris-La Défense. However, if jointly agreed, those meetings will normally be held through conference call or teleconference call.
– The agenda of coordination meetings is at this stage preliminary and will be fine-tuned all along contract execution,
– The frequency of these meetings may vary (increased, decreased or even suspended) during periods when exchanges do not seem to be necessary.
Adhoc Meetings & Workshops
In addition, various ad-hoc meetings or workshops will also take place. If Client judges it relevant, the Service Provider will be requested to attend to these ad-hoc meetings.
Location : Paris (3 days every 2 weeks in the office) full time assignment, with occasional travel in France and Europe -
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months (extendable) - project end in 2026
- Location: Paris Area + On site mission
- Country: France
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy