The Methods & Documentation Engineer will be closely working with Product Engineering, Services and Project management team by delivering corrective and preventive maintenance instructions. Considering his expertise, he will as well take the lead or participate actively to some site technical support activities. He will be responsible to deliver Maintenance Field Instructions with respect to environment, health and safety and drive quality and productivity enhancements to continuously improve performance and customer satisfaction
Methods & Documentation delivery plan is led by the client methods & documentation Leader who assign deadlines and priorities to the team. Each subcontractor will then follow Documentation procedure by fulfilling gates and milestones in an autonomous way, securing each deliverable from his related scope of activity.
- When writing a new instruction, lead the technical reviews with stakeholders to drive scenarios comparison, business cases and recommendation until final solution is approved.
- When participating to technical issue resolution process, give support and feedback related to the area of responsibility.
- Identify risks and gaps to be closed, drive mitigation plan within the area of responsibility
- Make sure to use standard tools/methods whenever possible, propose specific tools/methods to be developed when needed. She/he could take responsibility of developing those specific tools/method related to the instructions.
- In new project or engineering change, give inputs and feedback to product engineering team and validate feasibility of the proposed design for maintenance operations.
- Report regularly on activity progress, KPI and hard points
- Lead or provide technical support & training to site if needed before and during operations. Could be on preventive activities, on some specific correctives or major components operations
- Contribute to continuous improvement of product availability by catching the lessons learnt from sites
- Participate in process & quality system improvement, business and cost out initiatives
- Experience in oil and gas industry or wind: nice to have
- Experience with work instructions redaction
- Experience in control system document management/PLM
- Experience Wind Industry background, preferably within the offshore industry (Services, Manufacturing, Commissionning or Transport & Install). Experience in other industries will be as well considered.
- Education: Mechanical/ Electrical Bachelor Degree and/or proven professional experience in related technical areas.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional and global environment with remote teams.
- Strong team player.
- English : ability to analyse and write technical documentation, ability to discuss in video conference meetings on a daily basis with the other stakeholders to get information, discuss scenarios and take decisions.
- Ability to work with usual IT tools such as powerpoint / excel / smartsheet
- Ability to work with 3Dmodels viewer. Knowledge and experience in 3D Software like Unigraphix(NX)/solidworks/ Catia/ ProE will be much appreciated
- Ability and willingness to travel on sites to support critical operations when needed. 3 to 5 times a year in average.
- Duration: 6 months – subject to extension
- Starting date: asap
- Location: Nantes and Saint nazaire, 2 to 3 days each
- Need to travel: 25% (offshore sites)
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 6 Months (extandable)
- Location: Nantes & Saint-Nazaire
- Country: France
- Contract type: Contractor
- Seniority level: Junior Engineer, Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy