The Major components Engineer/subcontractor will be responsible for defining maintenance tools & instructions for specific critical operations such as :
- Corrective operations requesting specific vessel and/or tools and/or parts >~10 Tn: Blade, nacelle, hub, generator, bearings or transformer replacement.
- Maintenance retrofit campaigns requesting specific methods development.
- Activities interfacing with TP working platform/service crane together with Engineering/customer/marine operations
Major Components engineer/subcontractor will be closely working with Product Engineering department, Transport& Installation department, Services and Project management team by delivering instructions & tooling. She / He will participate to design reviews regarding major component scope and will support or supervise repair operations with sites if require. He / She will be responsible to deliver Maintenance Field Instructions and Tools for major components replacements with respect to environment, health and safety and drive quality and productivity enhancements to continuously improve performance and customer satisfaction.
MCE delivery plan is led by the Client MCE Leader who assign deadlines and priorities to the team. Each subcontractor will then follow MCE development procedure by fulfilling gates and milestones in an autonomous way, securing each deliverable from his related scope of activity.
- Define the strategy, the preliminary concepts and lead the studies for corrective maintenance.
- Lead the technical reviews with stakeholders to drive scenarios comparison, business cases and recommendation until final solution is approved.
- When participating to technical issue resolution process, give support and feedback related to the area of responsibility.
- Identify risks and gaps to be closed, drive mitigation plan within the area of responsibility
- Deliver/validate Maintenance Field Instructions for Major components operations (+ associated documents such as Check list and Lifting plans) ensuring compliance with EHS rules, Engineering specifications and Service requirements.
- Lead/participate to specific tools or process development for major components activities, dealing with external suppliers, ensuring compliance with EHS rules, engineering specification and Service operational/cost requirements.
- In new project or engineering change, give inputs and feedback to product engineering team and validate feasibility of the proposed design for maintenance operations.
- Report regularly on activity progress, KPI and hard points
- Lead or provide technical support & training to site if needed before and during operations. Could be on preventive activities, on some specific correctives or major components operations
- Contribute to continuous improvement of product availability by catching the lessons learnt from site operations.
- Participate in process &quality system improvement, business and cost out initiatives
- Depending on Services priorities/urgencies, the major components engineer could perform other O&M engineering activities such as writing standard MFI, defining standard tools or studies.
- Wind Industry background, preferably within the offshore industry (Services, Manufacturing, Commissionning, Transport &Install / Mec&Elec). Experience in other industries will be as well considered.
- Education: Mechanical bachelor’s degree and/or proven professional experience in related technical areas.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional and global environment with remote teams.
- Strong team player.
- English: full professional proficiency. Ability to analyze and write technical documentation, ability to discuss in skype meetings on a daily basis with the other stakeholders to get information, discuss scenarios and take decisions.
- Ability to work with usual IT tools such as PowerPoint / excel / smartsheet
- Knowledge and experience in 3D Software like Unigraphix/solidworks/ Catia/ ProE will be much appreciated.
- Ability and willingness to travel in offshore sites to support critical operations / tests when needed. 5 to 10 times a year in average. From just a few days offshore until full shift (2 weeks on vessel/ 2 weeks home) in case of critical Major component replacement such as blade, transformer, pitch bearing, nacelle for example.
- Location: Nantes
- Need to travel: 10% (not applicable in case of COVID restrictions)
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 6 Months (extandable)
- Location: Nantes & Saint-Nazaire
- Country: France
- Contract type: Contractor
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer, Project Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy