The O&M Tools & specific process engineer will be closely working with Product Engineering, Services and Project management team by delivering specific Tools& specific process solution for corrective and preventive maintenance. He will be responsible to deliver Maintenance Tools with respect to environment, health and safety and drive quality and productivity enhancements to continuously improve performance and customer satisfaction.
Tools delivery plan is led by the client Tools & specific process Leader who assign deadlines and priorities to the Tools team. Each subcontractor will then follow tools development procedure by fulfilling gates and milestones in an autonomous way, securing each deliverable from his related scope of activity.
• Deliver Tools and specific process for corrective and preventive maintenance operations ensuring compliance with EHS rules, Engineering specifications and Service requirements
• When developing new tools or specific process, lead the technical reviews with stakeholders to drive scenarios comparison, business cases and recommendation until final solution is approved.
• When participating to technical issue resolution process, give support and feedback related to the area of responsibility.
• Identify risks and gaps to be closed, drive mitigation plan within the area of responsibility
• Make sure to use standard tools/methods whenever possible, propose specific tools/methods to be developed when needed.
• In new project or engineering change, give inputs and feedback to product engineering team and validate feasibility of the proposed design for maintenance operations, especially on interfaces with tools and space needed for handling (exclusion areas)
• Report regularly on activity progress, KPI and hard points
• Provide technical support & training to site if needed before and during implementation.
• Contribute to continuous improvement of product availability by catching the lessons learnt from sites
• Participate in process & quality system improvement, business and cost out initiatives
• Wind Industry background, preferably within the offshore industry (Services, Manufacturing, Commissionning or Transport & Install). Experience in other industries will be as well considered.
• Education: Mechanical/ Bachelor Degree and/or proven professional experience in related technical areas.
• Proven ability to work in a cross-functional and global environment with remote teams.
• Strong team player with positive mindset and “can do” attitude
• Excellent communication, analytical and presentation skills in English
• Ability to analyse and write technical specifications, ability to discuss in teams meetings on a daily basis with the other stakeholders to get information, discuss scenarios and take decisions.
• Ability to drive supplier discussion, technical alignment and selection + tools development follow up to meet QDCF targets
• Ability to organize, assess, prioritize tasks, risks, resources, milestones, and deliverables.
• Ability to work with usual IT tools such as powerpoint / excel / smartsheet
• Ability to work with 3D models viewer. Knowledge and experience in 3D Software like Unigraphix/solidworks/ Catia/ ProE will be much appreciated
• Drafter/calculation skills will be appreciated
• Ability and willingness to travel on sites to support critical operations when needed. 3 to 5 times a year in average for tools testing or validation on site or at supplier, or to support critical operation offshore when using those tools
• Location: 2-3 days Nantes Office / 2-3 days Saint Nazaire Factory
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 6 months (renewable)
- Location: Nantes & Saint-Nazaire
- Country: France
- Contract type: Contractor
- Seniority level: Junior Engineer, Senior Engineer, Project Manager
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy