You would give us engineering and installation support for our Offshore Wind development (dynamic cable).
Kraken is the subsidiary of AVENTA group dedicated to the engineering of the power cables. Kraken is currently looking for an offshore analysis engineer.
The scope of activities of the analysis team is threefolds:
• Global analyses
• Local analyses (cross section)
• Installation analyses
The Offshore Analysis Engineer will have an opportunity to work on particularly complex design challenges for a wide range of MRE projects.
• Contribute to the elaboration of Design brief and design basis documents.
• Under the guidance of a Lead engineer, perform numerical analysis using industry standard software (Orcaflex, Uflex). Typical analyses could be as follow:
o Cable configuration definition such as lazy waves, pliant waves, etc…
o Extreme, interference, fatigue analyses
o On-bottom stability, free span analyses
o Cross section mechanical properties determination through FEA
o Installation analyses (normal lay, pull-in, connector R&A)
• Interpretation of results and development of design solutions in accordance with applicable codes & standards.
• Production design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed in place design reports, specifications, material take-offs, etc.
• Development of internal tools.
• Liaise with method engineer to support the development of installation procedures, provide the lay tables.
• Ensure design in accordance with acknowledged industry Codes, Standards and Design Guides (e.g. API, DNV, ISO); Client Specifications and Scopes of Work. be aware of the Overall project planning and responsible of the planning of his / her Scope of Work.
• Interface with package to contribute to scope of work of various items
• Ensure the quality of all deliverables.
Capability profile – Knowledge, skill, experience:
• MSc or Phd specialised in hydrodynamics, marine engineering, naval architecture, or Renewable energies.
• Relevant internships / work experience in the renewable marine energy and/and oil & gas industry, working onto global/installation analyses and/or in place design of cables/risers/flexibles.
• Knowledge in FEA modeling
• Experience in cable and/or umbilical would be a plus.
• Your English is fluent
• Undertake responsibility for production of deliverables, including, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
• Experience in working in a multi-disciplined system engineering team
• Demonstrable ability to work within time/budget constraints
• Ability to prioritize own workload, manage time accordingly and inform team members where constraints will affect a project in terms of program or budget.
• Personal interest for analyses tools and development (Python, VBA, …)
• Ability in working in multicultural group
• Ability of taking initiatives is strongly valued
Based in Biarritz
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: Permanent Contract
- Location: Biarritz
- Country: France
- Contract type: Permanent
- Seniority level: Junior Engineer, Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Power Generation