The Turnkey and Offshore Project section is responsible for execution of projects within the business group.
The Project Support team is headed by a manager with both personnel and discipline responsibility.
The Project Document Controller is allocated to one or several projects, and reporting within the project organization to the corresponding Project Manager (allocation across department/portfolios possible).
Professional questions shall be aligned with Discipline Responsible.
High professional requirements from both internal and external clients, supplier, subcontractors and relevant stakeholders.
The Document Controller is part of the project support team and shall contribute to execute the full project scope. The matrix organization of the project management requires good communication and information at the interface between vertical and horizontal axes.
The team is spread between several locations – and may support execution activities ongoing in different plants and sites.
Aventa is looking for a Project Document Controller for one of its clients.
Your main tasks will include :
- Provide document control services to the projects – document handling process, quality control, archiving and distribution of project documentation according to the client’s standard and contractual requirements
- Ensure that document control requirements are addressed at tender stage
Overall responsible for the document handling process in the project, quality control, distribution, and archiving of project documentation (client suppliers and sub-contractor documentation including incoming comments and documentation) – in accordance with:
- Contract obligations
- Clients expectations
- Internal procedures and the Project Model
- Familiarize with the Contract requirements – understand and ensure implementation
- Establish the project in the Client Document Handling System as part of project establishment
- Establish and facilitate the document handling process within the project team – support with training and clear communication
- Establish, follow-up, and update project registers as required, in particular:
o Supplier Master Document Registers (SMDR) and Sub-Contractor MDR’s
- Ensure that the document handling processes towards clients, sub-contractors, and suppliers are compliant and supporting obligations and requirements. Establish a good working relationship at the beginning of a project and ensure that it is maintained throughout the life cycle
- Present requirement and perform training of sub-contractors’ and suppliers’ document controller functions
- Perform training for project team members in document handling systems
- Be an active contributor in the DC discipline development work
- Additional tasks as required – typically performed as additional responsibility or required by contract:
o Interface documentation handlingo Manage Life Cycle Information (LCI)
o EDM system support
o General documentation and project execution support
o Internal projects and specific project tasks
- Co-ordinate document control services as required within a geographically spread team, in accordance with client procedures
- Support and contribute to improvements / changes within the organization – report status and deviations
- Project Execution departments
- Tender department
- Client’s, Sub-contractors’, and Suppliers’ document control units
- Other Client units dependent on projects
- Efficient and reliable handling of project documentation according to internal and external requirements
- Reliable documentation status in project registers as MDR and SMDR, etc.
- Document controller as a proactive contributor in the project to satisfy internal and external stakeholders.
- Relevant education and/or relevant experience
- Advance user of Electronic Document Management systems
- Advanced user of Word, Adobe Acrobat and Outlook, basics in Excel, Powerpoint.
- Written and oral presentation skills, both English and Norwegian
- Personal skills and values: reliable, committed to excellence, competent, good communicator within the team and towards other stakeholders, pro-active, take responsibility, team player, ability to work under pressure
- Number of projects / tenders per document controller are variable.
- Location: Paris
- Hybrid work arrangement involves being present at the client's location for 3 days and allows a maximum of 2 days for remote work.
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: Long term
- Location: Paris
- Country: France
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore Renewable Energy