Role Description and Main Responsibilities
A Coastal Maritime Senior Engineer, to be based in Basingstoke, UK, is required to support the development of Company’s new projects in the Coastal/Nearshore areas worldwide and to provide technical leadership within the discipline. Supporting review and monitoring of currently ongoing EPC projects for the design of new Coastal Marine Facilities.
Required Qualification and Professional Experience
Candidate must be highly experienced in the design of Coastal Marine Facilities and conversant with the main international design codes, standards and guidelines. Significant experience of detail design and construction of Coastal Marine Facilities would be a major advantage for this position, in particular:
- Preparation of technical specifications.
- Preparation of Basis of Design and Design Criteria typically including: Site characterization data of the coastal area; Atmospheric and metocean data; Soil characteristics; Design loads and load combinations; Reference to calculation codes, International standards and guidelines (i.e., British Standards, Eurocodes, API, AISC, ACI, PIANC, OCIMF, etc.).
- Development of calculation procedures for structural, Geotechnical and hydraulic design of Coastal Marine Structures.
- Design of steel and reinforced concrete elements for Coastal Marine Structures, including Finite element calculation models
- Geotechnical design of piled foundations, gravity-based structures, retaining walls, backfilling and land reclamations.
- Lead the Design execution assuring compliance with Company specifications and relevant applicable international Standards.
- Direct the team in the Design execution and completion.
- Check and review the Deliverable(s).
- Monitor and control the Design progress and schedule.
- Ensure compliance with all interfaces and supervise in/out information flow.
- Supervision activities and/or field engineering activities during the construction and installation of Marine Structures.
- Documented experience in the development of meteomarine, Coastal and hydraulic studies including: Metocean input data definition; Metocean studies; Marine coastal and hydraulic studies.
Familiarity with the following softwares would be an advantage for this position: SESAM, SAP2000, PARATIE, MIKE 21 Suite, OPTIMOOR.
Office based in Basingstoke (UK).
Depending on candidate experience, hybrid working can be considered, with up to 60% of time worked remotely.
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months, renewable
- Location: Basingstoke
- Country: United Kingdom
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Onshore Oil&gas