Description of Role and Main Responsibilities
The candidate shall act as a Senior Technical Safety Engineer on projects both performing design work and/or leading activities for allocated projects. This will include managing work and resources, providing technical leadership, producing deliverables, input to schedules, key safety reviews etc. on projects from feasibility phases through Basic Design and FEED to Detailed Design.
- Undertake analysis, calculations and/or engineering studies delegated as his/her responsibility on a project (i.e. produce technical safety deliverables) in accordance with Company Standards/Procedures and international codes/standards.
- Experience of managing Risk Analysis (e.g. QRA, FERA, EERA, ESSA, Flare/Vent Studies),
- Active participation in technical safety reviews such as HAZID, HAZOP and SIL shall be expected.
- Check and approve documents and drawings produced by others according to departmental procedures.
- Provide technical support and guidance to colleagues (both inside and outside of the Safety Systems Group) in interpretation of and solutions for safety design
- Coordinate and expedite discipline or multidiscipline interfaces associated with assigned areas of responsibility.
- Participates, when assigned, in development of Company standards and procedures
- Assist, when required, in manhour estimates and planning activities associated with proposals and projects.
- To keep abreast of the technical developments in area of technology and with associated National and International standards, and company and departmental procedures and methods.
Main current project activities are associated with onshore/offshore oil/gas production facilities, LNG, CCS and renewables production facilities.
Qualifications, professional experience and skills
Degree in relevant engineering discipline, for example Chemical Engineering, accredited by the relevant chartered engineering institute (for example, the IChemE).
Chartered Engineer or certified process safety practitioner status preferred.
Able to demonstrate:
- significant knowledge of technical safety aspects and development of associated deliverables within the energy business
- significant experience in controlling/managing project teams
- significant experience in Risk Identification and Assessment
Office based in Basingstoke (UK).
Depending on candidate experience, hybrid working mode can be envisaged up to 60% remote.
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months minimum - renewable (long-term assignment)
- Location: Basingstoke
- Country: United Kingdom
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Onshore Oil&gas