Role and Main Responsibilities
A Xmas tree and IWOCS senior engineer is required to support Company worldwide offshore deepwater projects. He/she will be part of the project engineering group based in Basingstoke (UK) and will support all the engineering activities related to XT/IWOCS activities in the different phases of the project, from feasibility to Basic/FEED and along the execution phase for the several new upcoming or ongoing initiatives.
The main responsibilities and functions include but are not limited to:
- Teamwork and collaboration with other colleagues in the Subsea Systems department, as well as with other disciplines.
- Awareness of design standards requirements for Subsea Xmas Tree, Workover and Completion equipment, Tubing Hangers and Running Tools and other associated equipment and correct application of Company HSEQ policies.
- Correct application of Company internal standards and HSEQ policies.
- To act as Company representative for all activities related to Subsea Tree, Workover and Completion equipment, Tube Hangers and Running Tools and other associated equipment.
- To prepare and complete large EPCI contracts for Offshore Projects for Subsea Xmas Tree, Workover and Completion equipment, Tubing Hangers and Running Tools and other associated equipment in all project phases.
- To ensure that the design of Subsea Xmas Tree, Workover and Completion equipment, Tubing Hangers and Running Tools and other associated equipment meets project requirements, applicable codes and standards and engineering best practices.
- To prepare all related technical documentation during the different phases of the project.
- To follow-up Supplier Call for Tender & Selection.
- To review and approve FEED, Tender and Detailed Engineering performed by contractors.
Qualifications, professional experience and skills required for the position
- Minimum BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering discipline
- Demonstrable experience with subsea trees, IWOCS equipment from preliminary engineering through detailed design.
- Proficient usage of the Office Software (MS Office).
- Basic knowledge of AutoCad.
Office based in Basingstoke (UK).
Depending on candidate experience, hybrid working can be considered, with up to 60% of time worked remotely.
Long-term opportunity on a 12-months-renewable basis.
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months - renewable
- Location: Basingstoke
- Country: United Kingdom
- Contract type: Permanent or Contractor
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer
- Field of activity: Offshore / subsea oil &gas