- To perform studies relating to all aspects of flow assurance in the transport of oil and gas of flowlines, trunklines and pipeline installations.
- Technical integrity of Flow Assurance design
- Overall effectiveness and efficiency of Flow Assurance design
- Capture and, if required, share Flow Assurance engineering knowledge through specified channels
- Ability to work independently to successfully achieve project goals
- To perform thermo-fluid-dynamic steady state and dynamic simulations of oil, gas and water flowlines, trunklines and pipeline installations, with a level of detail adequate to the project phase
- To lead and direct external contractor studies related to multiphase simulation.
- To identify the key flow assurance parameters of a production/export system, identifying the main flow assurance issues and the potential prevention/mitigation/remediation strategies to be adopted by the project
- To contribute to the definition of equipment lists, including preliminary sizing of major equipment items (including slug-catchers) and pipelines for each development scheme simulated, providing input data and support for cost estimating.
- To contribute to the creation and update of the design premise/design basis, along with assumptions and results of the flow assurance studies, thereby contributing to the assurance of technical integrity of future facilities.
- To interact with internal Production Chemistry personnel in order to check the required fluid characterizations, chemical treatment recommendations, including paraffin and hydrate inhibitors, and incorporate chemicals and operational constraints within the models.
- To interact with Reservoir specialists in order to contribute to the Integrated Flow Assurance studies, incorporating lifetime reservoir and network simulations.
- Support to other Company activities such as definition of internal standards/criteria, training of junior personnel.
- To contribute to the generation of new technologies by supporting R&D projects and Innovative Application Projects in the discipline of Flow Assurance.
- Demonstrable Experience within Oil and Gas
- Demonstrable Experience Flow Assurance
- Graduate-level knowledge of thermodynamics and fluid dynamics.
- Ability to identify, define, and analyse complex multiphase hydrocarbon transportation schemes.
- Familiarity with application and limitations of multiphase simulation and transient flow software in the analysis of conceptual development schemes.
- Internal Standards, Technical audit and Design Review, Documentation management, Feedback development and diffusion
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with other staff, outside flow assurance specialists, shareholders, contractors, and management.
- Ability to communicate well, laterally and vertically within an organization.
- Full understanding of importance in planning and executing projects.
- Ability to identify the need for and manage the integration of HSE and technical risk processes into engineering and project solutions.
Compliance: International Standards and Codes
- Chemical/Mechanical/Energetic engineering degree
- Oil & Gas surface Production facilities course
- Trained/experienced in one or more of the main flow assurance simulation packages used in the industry
Location : London Area
- Start as soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months (extendable)
- Location: London area
- Country: United Kingdom
- Seniority level: Senior Engineer